Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nolimits stoped working with isdn?

Options
  • 03-04-2003 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

iv been using isdn to dial up nolimits for a few months now
    but for the past 2 days it hasnt worked but i can still dial up using
    a 56k modem has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well it's working for me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

well supposedly nolimits isn't met to be isdn compatible. I've just got isdn in and i asked them and they said that nolimits isn't compatible with it. U can get netsmart which is almost exactly the same as nolimits and is the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Im on nolimits and using isdn fine. Maybe theres just an equipment failure in your local exchance? Can you dial into other isps with isdn?

Im on nolimits and using isdn fine

really, thats messed up so, cuz when i rang up esat thats what they told me. The lady on the phone said that nolimits wasn't compatible with isdn. Cuz when i rang up to get the number that i should dial in from and ti tell them to upgrade the line thats hwta they told me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

nolimits dosnt officaly support isdn but i think nolimits and netsmart share the same equipment so when they upgraded netsmart for isdn it started working with nolimits
    it still isnt working for me all other isp's iv tried still work
    i would love to change to utv but their pings with isdn are awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It could be a fault at your local exchange with switching your call onto the esat network for nolimits...that's what the first 5 digits of the nolimits phone number does. Might be worth calling 1901 to see.

Also you haven't really said what the problem IS.
    Are you getting an error message? "not working" is very vague!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by suppafly
    U can get netsmart which is almost exactly the same as nolimits and is the same price.
    netsmart is about 8 euro more a month
    and the reason i was so vague was because windows is vague
    it says "error 651 the modem has reported an error"
    but i know the modem is ok as i can dial up other isp's

well maybe u should try contacting esat and telling them the problem and see what they say?

Originally posted by tuxx

it says "error 651 the modem has reported an error"
    but i know the modem is ok as i can dial up other isp's

That's not vague. It sounds like you're trying to connect at dual channel. Try remaking the connection manually and making sure you're only selecting one channel when it asks about modems. I've seen this one before, and that was the cause.

Or just search on google for error 651

nolimits dosnt officaly support isdn but i think nolimits and netsmart share the same equipment so when they upgraded netsmart for isdn it started working with nolimits

so that being the case how would i get them to connect up my nolimits plan to use isdn, just tell them to upgrade my line now or what?(slighty confused)

• Advertisement

You don'tneed to get them to do anything. It'll work regardless

Advertisement