Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

serious Error XP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

i dont actually know...why the last post was closed

but thanks for replying anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

It was off-topic.

It was only just off-topic, but the casual homophobia tipped my hand.

off topic? na just seems to me like someone is looking for more fulfillment from their life so to psychologically make themselves feel better, shut off a completely harmless post to get that sense of "power" which they just dont have...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

That error means you're too ignorant to use Windows XP. Go buy a Mac.

And it was off topic.

I already have a mac.

I was trying to get an error sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

move to ms apps / os ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Originally posted by 50Cent
    off topic? na just seems to me like someone is looking for more fulfillment from their life so to psychologically make themselves feel better, shut off a completely harmless post to get that sense of "power" which they just dont have...
    No I just have a low tolerance of assholes.

This is a forum about programming. You can tell this from the following clues:
    1. The forum is called "Programming"
    2. Every page in this forum has the word "Programming" near the top
    3. Most of the links leading to this forum have "Programming" as either the link text or near by.

Your post was not about programming. Unless you were actually intending to reverse-engineer Windows dlls and your drivers, and then fix them. In which case you should have said.

This mis-match between what the topic of the forum and the topic of the thread is termed "off-topic".

When a moderator comes across an off-topic thread they have 3 choices:
    1. Allow the thread to continue.
    2. Move it to the correct forum (if one exists).
    3. Close or delete the thread, optionally slagging the person who started the post.

As such if you are going to be create an off-topic thread you want the moderators to be in a good mood. If one of the moderators is queer then there is a good chance that casual homophobia will put him into a bad mood. Not a smash-your-windows-paint-a-big-pink-triangle-on-the-hood-of-your-car-recreate-the-Stonewall-riots bad mood, just a bad enough mood to go for option 3.

oh my good god...

fine...

Advertisement