Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manu vs Liverpool

• 03-04-2003 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭

thought i might as well make one, so take your pick :)

Whats the story on the injury front?

Owen?
    Keane?

Any one got news on those two for me by be chance?

So who will win at Old Trafford? 28 votes

Man u
    0% 0 votes
    Liverpool
    60% 17 votes
    Newcastle(draw)
    39% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Perhaps i shouldnt have stuck newcastle in as draw as they'd prob be happer if l'pool win. o well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

3-1 to Utd , have yet to predict the correct score(havent even got the winning team) of any game this season so i reckon Utd will win easy 3-1 and im going to the bookies to bet on Liverpool :confused:

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've gone for the draw...which may not be much use to Liverpool....:(

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I reckon it will be a draw. 1-1 maybe.

ill agree with kdjac but with a 2-1 scoreline.
    I'm never wrong so better not place that bet :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Owen is receiving extensive treatment for his "dead back". He think she might make it. As for Keano, he said a few weeks back that he would be back for the Liverepool game but I didn't hear anything since.

I'll go for a 1-0 win to Liverpool;) G'wan Danny Murphy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

United are going to be wound up after the Wortthington cup final. I think they will get their revenge and complete a league double over the pool this season.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I predict a 3-1 win for United. van Nistelrooy, Solskjaer, Beckham the scorers after Danny Murphy's opener.

P.S. I'm going over to the game :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

United are a much better footballing side, but Liverpool have an indian over United lately.

They'll play with the usual drab spoiling tactic of 11 men behind the ball and HOOOOOF up the field at all times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Utd will probably win, because they *have* to. In the last encounter we saw liverpool scrapping for their only peice of silverware, I don't think they can have the same hunger as United today. I also bet Arsenal wouldn't win the league, so come on UTD!!

Score 2-0 Beckham & Van N.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i can see liverpool shading as its old trafford and the pressure will be on united to attack which means loads of space for our counter attacking game.

I hope owen plays but if not i think Baros is a good replacment.

At least heskey is started be shown up how crap he is if only houllier would drop like sven did and put on mellor or somebody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Think Liverpool will frustrate United by playing from the back and nick one on the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I went for the draw. Think it will be 2-2. Pity Owen's probably out but I hope its Baros and not "Officially Englands worst ever striker" that plays up front. Keano is back, I'd say he'll start on the bench, he can't be match fit.

COME ON THE REDS ie Liverpool ;)

GH has today announced that he will back Heskey all the way and he will definately play in Liverpools remaining seven matches. He also said that Owen in "very doubtfull" for tomorrow and that they will wait till the morning for a fitness test.

Good news all round then:(

You can stick your worthless trophy up your arse !

You can stick your worthless trophy, Stick your worthless trophy.
    Stick your worthless trophy up your arse !

FOUR NIL !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by SprostonGreen

FOUR NIL !!!!!

No wonder there are ABU fans about. :rolleyes:

"No wonder there are ABU fans about"

Its an ABU nation and they have had plenty to shout about, now its our turn again.

yer hehe, slightly bad looser :p

I must say im in a good mood now :D
    I think L'pool were kinda unlucky with the sending off and the 2nd peno, the disallowed manu goal shoulda stood tho imo.

Manu didnt play great but got the job done, fair play :)

(was sure traore would stick one into his own net before the end of the game )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Originally posted by SprostonGreen

FOUR NIL !!!!!

:roll****ingears:
    I dont hate any man utd fans...I JUST HATE THESE PEOPLE

yer hehe, slightly bad looser
    I must say im in a good mood now
    I think L'pool were kinda unlucky with the sending off and the 2nd peno, the disallowed manu goal shoulda stood tho imo.

Manu didnt play great but got the job done, fair play

(was sure traore would stick one into his own net before the end of the game )

not a memorable game but we got pwned

congrats manU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

**** that for a game of soldiers!

Well done manu :o 4-0 was a bit flattering ;) but alas thats that! Game was over from the 2nd minute once Hyppia was sent off it would be interesting to see the speed of the penalties taken by RVN. Felt the second penalty was a tad harsh. Ah well.

Oh and SprostonGreen you sir are an idiot!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

:D
    Have to smile, everyone got it so wrong especially the scouse supporters here GWAN United

Actually was a crap match, score was flattering.

1st peno was correct, sending off harsh but supposidly last man bullshte
    2nd peno poor decision, he hacked at him for sure but unsure if he was in the box, fantastic penos by rudd though, genuis on the spot
    disallowed goal was poor descision but it made up for the sending off.
    scouse were rubbish, we were not much better.
    Dudek was class again, what goes on in his head, felt sorry for Traore, should have scored at least one :p

But the result is class, makes good goal diff for us and also keeps ye out of the euro spot. Not one single plus point for scouse, a shambles of a team and it is fkn mighty to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Congrats to Utd.
    After this result, I think they may actually win the league. Even if the score was flattering it can do nothing but good for Utd moral.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I think they may actually win the league

don't know mak, we played crap football, no penetration, score was extremely flattering

:(

Sigh...c'mon Sunderland....

Mike.

Wasnt a great game but was impressed with Diouf for 1st time ever, he did nothing going forward but stopped Silvestre getting forward a lot.
    Was Carragher playing????
    For 1st 60 inutes Diouf was Liverpools best player but their crapness couldnt get the ball to him enough and when he did get it he had only Heskey to aim for.

Score wasnt flattering if you sit back at Old Trafford and rely on 2 banks of 4 and you aint holding on to the ball then Man Utd will punish you and will keep coming at you.
    Liverpool should have tried to hold onto the ball more instead of moving it up the pitch as soon as they got it ,long ballsd aimed at heskey who was winning them in the air but doing nothing on the ground.

Dont think Hyppia should have been red carded but both penos were for 1st time ever in a Man Utd match actual real fouls.

Not a great game for a neutral and i missed 2 hours pay for that :(

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*sighs* :(

prolly would have been a different game had Hyppia stayed on.

I felt bring off Baros for Biscan wasn't a great move...I'd have brought off Heskey tbh.

neber a second peno tho...ffs...****e ref

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 DCULLY666

No excuses ,both teams were utter rubbish.Arsenal have nothing to fear.
    Ref was a total twat, last four times he reffed a Man U match he has given 6 penos in those 4 matches.
    As i type Villa have scored equalizer against gunners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

FOUR NIL !!!!!
    Well done :)

The match wasnt the best ever, but the score was fu. cki,ng deadly. It just proves that Liverpool have no other tactic that hitting the team on the break and hoofing it forward, with no ability to play a passing game.

Oh and Ronan Raven, you sir are a tw.at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea, he's the twat. He's the one who came out of the woodwork to sing a song when his team won.

Traore & Biscan, fear the defensive might! For a team built on it's defense, our subs defenders are extremely crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I agree Pie our backup central defenders aint exactly top class. We may have to use them again though as Hppia will be banned for one game at least and Henchoz may not be back to full fitness in time. Oh and SpronstonGreen you sir are a .... <insert witty flame continuing remark here> :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Artol

with biscan and traore in central defence after hyypia was sent off liverpool were always going to loose by a 3+ goals

Reckon they should go for jens nowotny in the summer but don't stand a chance of getting him if they don't get CL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Igor Biscan is a joke, where in the hell did they get him from? Even by the standards of Houllier's buys, he's totally talentless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

No excuses ,both teams were utter rubbish.Arsenal have nothing to fear.

I would say they have alot to fear now, considering the only thing that has them on top is goal difference.

Can we please keep it civil? :)

Killer blow for Liverpool and it may very well hinder their CL hopes :o

/me licks his lips, revenge does taste sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    Igor Biscan is a joke, where in the hell did they get him from? Even by the standards of Houllier's buys, he's totally talentless.

Apparently he was very highly sought after by a lot of top European teams, but he chose Liverpool.

Lucky us.

• Advertisement

I did'nt see the game so I'll bow to others if I'm wrong, but would'nt it have made more sense to have left two up front and played with three at the back using Dudek
    as a sweeper? Or would that not have been possible
    (I dont know what formation Man Utd used).

Mike.

Man Utd used their usual Old Trafford formation

Bartez

Ferdinand Brown

Everyone else upfront

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I did'nt see the game so I'll bow to others if I'm wrong, but would'nt it have made more sense to have left two up front and played with three at the back using Dudek
    as a sweeper? Or would that not have been possible
    (I dont know what formation Man Utd used).

Mike

Nothing they could have changed would have helped :p
    too late now anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I'm not even gonna bother posting my opinion on the state of LFC at the moment. I am just sick in the face, and I'm sure the players that give a shoot are too.

:)

Just home from the match now... What can I say, I'm very pleased :) I think 4-0 was a fair result. We played very good football where as Liverpool didn't play any football at all. 0 shots on target, 4 wides says alot. Two clear cut penalties, clear cut sending off (Professional foul).

What can you say about Ole? Bloody class. Roy Keane was my man of the match, he was everywhere yesterday. He made plenty of vital challenges.

As for Diouf, Gerrard, Murphy and Carragher. They were all lucky not to be shown a red card at some stage. Diouf is a dirty bastard.

• Advertisement

P.S. There was a prank just before the game at around 12.20pm or so just before the match, where 11 fellas playing the United team in the prank and one playing Jerzy Dudek. One of them headed the ball back to "Dudek" where he let the ball through his legs and a guy in a blonde wig playing Forlan tapped the ball in. Then all 11 "United" players ran over to the Liverpool fans in the corner of Old Trafford celebrating. The Liverpool fans weren't too amused.

There is going to be an investigation into the incident. Apparently they weren't allowed to do the prank even though no stewards stopped them from going onto the pitch.

GH is a fupping muppet, (still reckons we'll make fourth place - not with Biscan and Traore in the heart nof defence) why take off and stick on Biscan. Senseless stuff. And the when you have defenders like Babbell not even making the squad:(

Something has to happen on Mersyside and something drastic. Like Mike siad there earlier should have played three at the back.

I saw the highlights and I think the fact trhat I didn't see Barthez once in the whole 20minutes coverage says it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Liverpool was a shambles they didnt have one shot on Target and Barely got out of their own half in the whole game.

Houiller should walk away in the Summer before he destroys his reputation any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

The Game was over by the 3rd minute , I'm not saying it was not a peno. but as giles said on N2 coverage the sending off was a bit harsh. I mean 3 min's into a game , he did not vicously foul the guy ... and a peno. was given , surely to make the game a proper contest a yellow card and peno. is the fair decision. ( I know the last defender rule , but I still think the ref should use his head )

Anyway whats done is done... It was a good weekend for ManU

with arsenal drawing and newcastle losin....

2 horse race now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I agree that sending Hypia off was Harsh but I thought Diouff should have walked for sticking the head on Silvestre. I have seen players walk for much less. Must say I agree toptally with Mike. Away from home and a goal down. Taking off one of your strikers does not make much sense. Especially if the striker you take off is the only one likely to score. Daft decision by Houllier if you ask me. Great result though. For United that is 32 points from there last 36. Who said Arsenal have nothing to worry about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Harsh sending off, wonder how much of a bonus United give him in a christmas card each year, 6 penalties in four games is a good return !!!

All the same United made the extra man count, and really it was an extra man and a half, with Heskey standing about up there. BTW biscan was played out of position, have seen him play very well in a couple of reserve games.

I still am having a bit of trouble understanding how somebody can be a genius from the penalty spot... kick it as hard as ya can into the corner seems to have been the order of the day, not a huge mental capacity required. Now Beckham is a genius from a dead ball but RVN from the spot with just the keeper to beat ??

17 out of 17 can't be bad. I can't remember anyone with a record like that from the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

How quick ye forget ... :)

Didn't Denis Irwin have an awesome record from the peno spot too .....

Originally posted by LizardKing
    How quick ye forget ... :)

Didn't Denis Irwin have an awesome record from the peno spot too .....
    Yes, he was the master of the penalties too. As was Cantona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Well done Manu. Defintely a more professional approach to the game that the s**t Liverpool came out with. Felt sorry fot Gerrard (Steven) and Murphy I thought both played well and believed in the team. As for the other 8 well what can I say? Major Major rebuilding needs to be done. I hate saying it but Houllier has to go. Even if (and it's a huge if now) they do manage to finish forth and secure a champs league place he has to go. His outlook on the team is stupid and he does not seem to inspire any players.

How Diouf got African player of the year for 2 years is beyond me?? He was so so lucky to stay on the pitch and should have been taken off instead of Baros IMO. Too many donkeys and not enough quality is the problem.

BTW as you all probably know I am not a manu supporter but I was asked to go to the Manu V Real match in Old Trafford and am looking forward to it !! :D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement