Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manu vs Liverpool

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Mufasa Hadji also got African player of the year once so it shows the standard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

:D I suppose if yer gonna get banned for life from a football ground, this is the way to do it!!

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_768270.html?menu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Revenge is sweet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by LizardKing
    How quick ye forget ... :)

Didn't Denis Irwin have an awesome record from the peno spot too .....

Don't forget that colossus of football, Frank LeBoeuf, he got something like 15 out of 15 penalties while at Chelsea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Shred

Was a very frustrating game to watch, no way should Hyppia have been sent off.
    I thought Liverpool did well in the first half with ten men but were ****e in the second (especially after the second penalty was given).

good win for united though, looks like they're gonna win the prem this year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Originally posted by Shred
    looks like they're gonna win the prem this year :(

Thats a tad premature dont ya think? Especially since they arent even top of the premiership at the moment!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by ciano
    :D I suppose if yer gonna get banned for life from a football ground, this is the way to do it!!

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_768270.html?menu
    Precisely what I said in my second post. :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I still am having a bit of trouble understanding how somebody can be a genius from the penalty spot... kick it as hard as ya can into the corner seems to have been the order of the day, not a huge mental capacity required

Well I suppose since you can't play soccer then it is easy for us to understand how you think that taking a penalty involves hitting it as hard as you can into the corner! :rolleyes:

And you reckon you are going for a coaching badge! Hope they teach you how to kick the ball correct first! :D:p

If anyone would like to correct me and tell me that taking a penalty is as easy as "kick it as hard as ya can" then fair enough, but if you ever took a penalty you would understand this is a rubbish statement (again :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Well I suppose since you can't play soccer then it is easy for us to understand how you think that taking a penalty involves hitting it as hard as you can into the corner!

And you reckon you are going for a coaching badge! Hope they teach you how to kick the ball correct first!

If anyone would like to correct me and tell me that taking a penalty is as easy as "kick it as hard as ya can" then fair enough, but if you ever took a penalty you would understand this is a rubbish statement (again )

...I think what he means is you don't usually herald players as "geniuses" at taking peno's .... Theres been a lot of good peno takers , but genius does not describe them. Mostly they are calm and able to hit the ball hard and accurately... nothing too genius about that most players can do it .... Players that miss peno's are not all of a sudden "dimwits" or "stupid"

Whereas it does take something special to take a free kick i.e the distance , curl , speed , wall , wind etc. etc. have to be considered...

As far as I could tell I think thats what Thanx 4 The Fish meant anyway .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by yop
    Well I suppose since you can't play soccer then it is easy for us to understand how you think that taking a penalty involves hitting it as hard as you can into the corner! :rolleyes:

And you reckon you are going for a coaching badge! Hope they teach you how to kick the ball correct first! :D:p

Here we go again. More BLAH BLAH BLAH. Give it a rest and put your handbag back into your drawers will ye FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

any one hear what fergie said after the game?

asked if the win was a consilation for WC, he said (along lines of )

"If you asked me at start of season would I rather take 6 points off liverpool or win the WC, I'd say let them have the wee cup"

Classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

If he scored 100 from a 100 i would call him class. probably the best penalty taker ever. But genius...........................come on you can't call someone a genius at penalties ffs.

Anyway he's only scored 17 from 17 so thats v. good in my book, he's working steadily towards class.

lets reserve the use of genius:cool:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

lets reserve the use of genius

Grand, well I will change this to brilliant then ;)

For the sake of this thread going totally off subject:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Originally posted by hussey
    any one hear what fergie said after the game?

asked if the win was a consilation for WC, he said (along lines of )

"If you asked me at start of season would I rather take 6 points off liverpool or win the WC, I'd say let them have the wee cup"

Classic

The man is a legend !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭talla

sending off was not harsh, if a player uses his hand to stop the ball on the line, its an automatic red card cause its a professional foul. If the player fouls a defender when hes the last man , its a professional foul, its a red card and thats what happened. Whether it was the 3rd minute or the 93rd minute its a red card. The problem is that the referees dont enforce the rule in every game, decision on saturday was correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I'm sure he wouldn't have had that attitude before the WC final. TRS wanted that cup this year and put out near full strength teams most rounds. Anyways, when the season roll of honour is listed at the end of the season we'll see who is on the list

In my opinion Liverpool have gifted TRS 6 points this year.
    Hats of to Karl Power though.

If your talking about peno taking, look no further than Le Tissier, only missed one peno in 13 years of top class football.

Advertisement