Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training while working...

• 03-04-2003 7:03pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm working full time but I'd like to do some courses (learn things I always wanted to learn) also I figure they'll always come in handy and stand to me.
    Also worse come to worse and I need a job I'll have something to always fall back on.

Anyone know of any Electriction courses that can be in the South East/Waterford area
    I believe FAS is ruled out because I'm fulltime employment.

Also, although its alot different them my first question, anyone know any places that offer them MSCE courses (yeah yeah I know MS sucks and I agree) but people think it looks decent in a CV.
    Plus I figure atleast I'll think about it once I find out prices etc :)

--

couldn't think of any other board that this would be relevent on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,464 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Cabaal
    Anyone know of any Electriction courses that can be in the South East/Waterford area I believe FAS is ruled out because I'm fulltime employment.
    Electrician is a 4 year apprenticeship with theoretical and practical elements, including work. Msot are done by the ESB in association with FÁS. On the purely academic side you can do electrical engineering in a 4 year degree (full time), it's possible DIT offers it part-time (10 years?).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Well there goes that idea...
    Guess I'll have to look into something else

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Have a look at the open university.

Advertisement