Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

playing hard to get.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

time has got to be running out for this girl, fair enough blokes are trained to expect rejection but still 5 times is getting to the stage where she'll have no option but to do the dirty work herself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

So who's advice would you take on buying a car? Lemmie guess a Volvo right?

"I sir, would never speak to a table". --Winston Churchill.

Edit : <Aside> My days of speaking to cars/inanimate objects in the Platonic* sense, are over.

*Yes Platonic relations are supposed to have homosexual overtures**
    **According to my Philosopher friend, 'Platonic' relations are in fact an allusion to heterosexual relations.... or more accurately a woman of vast 'knowledge' who took Plato under her wing*** when he was young. Plato you see was not in fact gay. Doublepluswierd.
    ***Pun intended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Originally posted by smiles
    She could have valid reasons for cancelling...

My mates been asked out 5 times by this guy she's txting, and she's had to say no each and every time cause she was either working or in another part of the country (yay, she visited me in galway).

Problem is that she really fancies the guy, but can't bring herself to ask _him_ out.

Christ almighty how does someone get into a situation like that? I mean is she afraid to speak to the guy? I mean all she had to say like the second, third or fourth time he asked was "oh god I'm really sorry I'd love to go but I have to work. How about a different night?"

Crazy, still fair play to yer man. I'd probably have moved on after the second or third unsuccessful attempt. You have to give him 10 out of 10 for persistance :) Well unless he's a weirdo which could be consistant with that kind of persistance. In this case instead of giving him 10 perhaps give him two and a good kicking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    does all that crap work for you shador? because if you started messing me around like that I'd just tell you to take a hike

Ah but the whole point is that you wouldnt know, and you'd be goin mad with the passion.

And sure as shad0r said, thats only in the first stages, the chase

Renton

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Shad0r
    I think what you were really trying to say Typie is that Beruthial's advice is more in line with what you perceive to be the way things are and you possibly even think that because a gurl has said it that its verification for you. "Thank god, I never have to get involved with those dirty games where ppl get hurt". Rubbish.

shador - I believe what Typie and myself were trying to say here, is when you become an adult you tend to want to leave childish behaviour behind when it comes to adult relationships, that doesn't mean (renton) that there is still no fun in the chase - I am waaay too old to be fu*cked around, once you get the other side of 30, games are of no interest to you - I expect you to be straight/honest with me otherwise I'm just not interested.

honesty worked well for francie brady (congrats francie) :) and he at least has half a clue where he stands now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    ahhhh yet still young enough to enjoy having your tummy tickled no doubt!

lol - you're never too old for that Mercie ;)

Bags not rubbing my back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by smiles

Problem is that she really fancies the guy, but can't bring herself to ask _him_ out.

I'm in awe. You did point out to her that the year is 2003, not 1903, right?

Al.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Trojan
    I'm in awe. You did point out to her that the year is 2003, not 1903, right?

Al.

Yeah, of course, but she's incredibly shy, she's been with him before but just the once, and he's smitten, which is good. But thats the kinda person she is, a traditional "let him do the work". I tried to steal he phone to text him but it just didnt work.

<< Fio >>

You're friend sounds like she needs a dose of getting out of her parent's house and some wanton, unbridled, caution-to-the wind hedonism.

This, I can help with.

Advertisement