Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marines lead American deaths in Iraq

Options
  • 03-04-2003 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭

It looks like the Marines in their usual gung-ho fashion are getting their men killed again. then again, these deaths pale in comparison to the number of Iraqi dead.

U.S. Military Deaths in the Iraq War http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/iraq/articles/casualties_n.html

Number of listed dead: 47 (to 1 April - does not include dead from recent helicopter crash)
    Percentage which are Marines: 68%
    Average age of Americans killed: 26 (ages 19-42, rank private - major)

Cause of death
    KIA: 35
    Accident: 12
    Fragging: 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

This is despicable - it reminds me of the incident in Australia when, during a protest against the war near an American destroyer on its way to the Gulf, the sailors came off the ship and openly sympathised with the protestors - why should they die for no other purpose than some faceless director of some multi nations enterprise to get his finger in on the oil pie?

Originally posted by Éomer of Rohan
    This is despicable - it reminds me of the incident in Australia when, during a protest against the war near an American destroyer on its way to the Gulf, the sailors came off the ship and openly sympathised with the protestors - why should they die for no other purpose than some faceless director of some multi nations enterprise to get his finger in on the oil pie?

Well I thought , the locals on the outskirts of Basrah on ITV news tonight were quite happy.
    The torture chamber, they showed the previous night looked gruesome, it was at the local police station, I'd be hoping the Gardaí don't have one :rolleyes:
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Man
    I'd be hoping the Gardaí don't have one
    Nah, they just batter people on the streets.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2003/0403/iraq.html
    At least 677 Iraqis killed

The latest available estimates from the Iraqi leadership say that at least 677 Iraqi civilians have been killed and 5,062 injured in the last two weeks.

According to Anglo-American military figures, 53 US soldiers have been killed, while there are 12 missing. Seven were possibly killed in a helicopter crash.

Twenty-seven British soldiers have been killed – six in action, 16 in accidents and five in 'friendly fire'.

There are no available figures for Iraqi military casualties.
    Another quote puts civilian casualties at 1,250.

Originally posted by Victor
    Nah, they just batter people on the streets.

Now, now, Victor, at least when they get Zealous, they get taken to task for it.
    mm

Advertisement