Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Revison Courses

Options
  • 03-04-2003 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

its a bit 11th hour but does anyone have any information about easter revision courses in and around the south Dublin area in leaving cert:English,Irish,Economics,History,French,Irish or Business?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

ashfield and the ballinteer institute do them.
    ballinteer institute phoner 2960006 for more details
    ashfield i dont know you'll havta look them up

also check out leavingcertsolutions.com a site one of the teachers runs, there's a link on the main page to the ballinteer institute website thing
    errrr.... thats all i can think of offhand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

I'd say you've little chance of finding a good one now! I booked mine weeks ago! I'm going to the Galway Study Centre with a few mates. One of our friends rang today and they said it was hopeless, COMPLETELY booked out. She rang around and everyone was full! You're best bet now is one of those seminars or grinds!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

is anyone here doin the post easter revision course in Bruce College?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I did ashfield last year. It was ok not amazing :) You can book on the day I think. But really find the time table and just walk in, you can do it for free if your quiet;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i'm doing geo, bus, irish and homo ec. in the foxrock institute (which for some reason is in kill o' the grange:confused: )

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

The Institute of Education Intensive easter revision course is what you're looking for, better be quick though.

I'm signed up for the Physics 2nd weeks course there. I've only heard good things about it and its based in Leeson street so its easily accesible.

A few people on the revision course im doin forgot to pay the fee :eek: da dastards

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

did u go to the bruce course honeymonster? wat subjects did u do?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by CuLT
    The Institute of Education

Institute suck a lot of things that i will refrain from talkign about. Bruce College revison course are the best... cos you wont miss a thing.

Originally posted by Winters
    Institute suck a lot of things that i will refrain from talkign about. Bruce College revison course are the best... cos you wont miss a thing.

Not quite. I just got an extremely comprehensive revision of the entire physics course.

Teachers there are the best, if PHB sees this thread he should confirm this. Maybe NeV too, I know he was there, don't know what he thought though :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I've done a lot of grinds there and I've never not learnt a hellof a lot in the classes.
    What exactly is your problem, cause if you have one you should probably tell otehr people not to waste their money on it :)

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    did u go to the bruce course honeymonster? wat subjects did u do?

I did:

Irish (o)
    Maths (h)
    French (h)

Eddie Rockets, Burger King, Lookin at birds

English (h)
    Business (h)

in that order, where u in any of me classes?

yeah, irish actually, sat on the left three seats from the back, two girls in front, the guys behind, wearin leather jacket, looked very tired.

i dont understand why u wud pay good money to do the bruce revision course, its really ****e, the only reason i went is cause im go to bruce anyway and it was free.

I thought that the classes were pretty good, I learned more in that Irish class than I did in two years in me skool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Not quite. I just got an extremely comprehensive revision of the entire physics course.

Teachers there are the best, if PHB sees this thread he should confirm this. Maybe NeV too, I know he was there, don't know what he thought though :).

did you get pay doyle, the man is completely insane but a great teacher, physics is pretty simple stuff hwne he does it

Originally posted by honeymonster
    I thought that the classes were pretty good, I learned more in that Irish class than I did in two years in me skool.

yeah, maybe, but eamon is still a noob

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Dont forget me :)

Yeah it was Pat Doyle, crazy ****, brilliant tough :)
    His stories are fantastic :)

Did he tell you about the fibre optics which was a hollow highly polished tube, which was cleaned daily by a myriad of slaves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Boston
    did you get pat doyle, the man is completely insane but a great teacher, physics is pretty simple stuff hwne he does it

yeah he seems slightly insane but he's also an excellent teacher. The best teacher out of all the classes i took.

• Advertisement

yeah, they all use the same jokes every time they teach it :)

I've done English grinds, with M Kelly, who is the best teacher I've ever met in my life.
    I've done Maths grinds with John Brown, who is the best maths teacher in the country.
    I've done French grinds with Sérge Berot, who made me go from 23% in honours french at christmas, to 47% in the mock. Keeping in mind I took up honours french in November. Absolutly amazing.

Originally posted by PHB
    yeah, they all use the same jokes every time they teach it :)

I've done English grinds, with M Kelly, who is the best teacher I've ever met in my life.

Hes my English teacher in school :)
    I hear its a bit toned down in the inst. tho :)

I loved to sit in on one of his inst class, but id probably just get a ripping from him :/

Wait a minute, if you're in St. Micheals?
    Is your name Andrew?

Originally posted by PHB
    Is your name Andrew?

Omg, Wait a minute, how the hell did...........No :)

I think I know who you're talking about though.

Ah well, I dont like the fact that I know 2 people in one school doing so damm good :)
    Once nobody else there did so good im happy, every school has some :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by PHB

I used to go there. ... its crap. Teachers are mostly crap and most of the people in there are tossers. But thats just my view of the hole.

Ill agree with you that a lot of the people are fúcking mongs, with no grasp of personal property and are generally a bunch of wánks.
    But if you're in the honour/top class for LC level they are definetely good teachers, I only have one bad teacher imo.

I find thats the same in our school.
    The top two classes generally have to best teachers, with a couple of expections.

I like nearly everyone in my year :)

I concurr, Pat Doyle was indeed quite mad, excellent teacher tho :).

I think PHBs exceptions to the good teachers in our school however should be quite broader :).

I'll just point out bad + H level class = Frosty, Fagan, Wynne
    Good but does a low class = Plugg, emm... others.. BAH! ;).

OK, myself PHB and NeV did the second week of physics... were you guys in the same week?

• Advertisement

NAh I did Section A first week.

Advertisement