Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drugs in the Blood

• 03-04-2003 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Lets say hypothetically, I had smoked cannabis (resin). How long would it be in my bloodstream, say if I had to have a blood test?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There's no definitive answer apparently. Some places quote 3 days. Others quote 3 weeks. I'd say the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I think that it will show in a urine test up to a week after and with a blood test it's about 6-8 weeks. Have a look in www.edited.org or www.edited.com. Those site should be able to gice you all the info you need! :D

edit- sorry Giles, I had to edit those links. I'd rather not have PI involved in angry parents wondering how their kids have found out how to "purify their heroin"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Hi

It's a week or two in the pi$$ and about 6 months in the blood. THC gets stored in your fatty cells.
    Lets say hypothetically
    I love that, "hypothetically". You're stoned now, aren't you? Ye bowsee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Now there's a man that knows his stuff!

Respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Humm humm.

there are 'various' natural substances you can take that will in effect 'swab' your urine.

blood is a different issue since as has already been pointed out THC, LSD and the like get stored in your fatty tissue.... so when you loose weight... said substances get re-relased into your bloodstream.....

Hence people claim to have had flashbacks this way. Personally I think said people are so constantly tripped from smoking hash and taking acid/mushrooms... that the difference between 'flashback' and 'normality' is splitting hairs.

been there, done that...
    the reformed one's are always the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

http://www.urban75.com/Drugs/testing2.html
    might have some helpful info.. then again it might not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

In school in drugs education i was told up to 3 months, maybe more. So in short dont smoke the shít and you will be ok :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

huh, hu, huh...huh huh..hehehe, he he...ha ha ha.....man, i'd kil for some nachos right about now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Apparently it stays in your hair until it grows out. (dunno for sure)

I've known people who have had blood tests a day or two after smoking (a little), and had nothing come up.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

depends on what you do, age you are, your weight, your metabolism, the amount of excercise you get and loads of other little things.....basically you could have a test the day after and end up clear or give yourself a few months and still end up positive........id give a stab at four to six weeks*

*a completely uninformed and uneducated guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by G
    I love that, "hypothetically". You're stoned now, aren't you? Ye bowsee.
    I was as clear headed as could be writing that. If I was stoned, I probably would've spelt it "doritos" or something like that.

But anywho, thanks for the help everyone. I also heard that drinking vinegar helps get it out of your blood, but I would have to be quite desperate to try that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

fio, your right there, but there is a different test which is carried out to test strands of hairs.

Hence people claim to have had flashbacks this way. Personally I think said people are so constantly tripped from smoking hash and taking acid/mushrooms... that the difference between 'flashback' and 'normality' is splitting hairs.

been there, done that...
    the reformed one's are always the worst

that made me laugh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Lmao! :D

Drinking vinegar will *not* make it not show up lol,
    all drinking vinnegar will do is take the lining off your mouth, gullet and stomach, give you terrible heartburn possibly for days and make you vomit.

I am seriously thinking about writing a book containing as many different "old wives tales" to cure different things lol.

B :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Apparently it stays in your hair until it grows out. (dunno for sure)

A few years ago some American companies were testing some of their employees for drug usage by taking hair sample.

A persons hair will contain traces of the drugs they take until it grows out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by leeroybrown
    A persons hair will contain traces of the drugs they take until it grows out.

Not neccesarily that you take. Any great amount of secondhand exposure will cause a positive hair test.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Really?

/me backs away from "Stoney Tony".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Typedef
    blood is a different issue since as has already been pointed out THC, LSD and the like get stored in your fatty tissue.... so when you loose weight... said substances get re-relased into your bloodstream.....

Who pointed this out?

This is rubbish. LSD Is not stored anywhere, it is excreted after about 72 hours. The "oh yeh, its stored and then released when you dont eat and you get flashbacks" is the stuff of urban legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Who pointed this out?

This is rubbish. LSD Is not stored anywhere, it is excreted after about 72 hours. The "oh yeh, its stored and then released when you dont eat and you get flashbacks" is the stuff of urban legend.

This is true, LSD crystals do not get stored in the fatty tissues of the body. There was a study done a long time ago stating that it does and as fat gets broken down blood toxicity occurs and can cause flashbacks. It has since been proven to be rubbish.

I believe the study was done by a Mr. Hubbard.

The only street drug that the body stored for any length of time is THC. It can be stored in fat cells for one to two months before excretion.

The LSD flashback phenomenon has been linked to normal occurences of remarkable events.

E.g. you'll often get a flashback to a special day you had, or people that have suffered trauma or shock suffer pronounced post traumatic flashbacks.

The LSD flashback is simply a memory of a remarkable event in your life. Not the release of LSD from the fatty cells as ludicrously suggested.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

There was a study done a long time ago stating that it does and as fat gets broken down blood toxicity occurs and can cause flashbacks. It has since been proven to be rubbish.

Typedef : Holds up hands.

http://www.drugtest-solutions.com/times.htm

Repition of legend imparted to me verbatim, with questionable scientific evidence to corroborate.

I suppose since the trip you get from LSD and THC can be similar and since both are generally used in conjunction, it is easy to confuse a THC flashback for an acid flashback, conjoined with the 'evidence of the same'.

I know quite a few people who are still quite tripped (in the very slight visual distortion sense of the word) even years after their last encounter with drugs.

Of course LSD trips do leave the tripper, substancially changed apres the event, at least, that's how it left me. My choice, my body etc,etc,etc.

I burnt that bra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

LSD trips do leave the tripper, substancially changed apres the event
    The net result being mostly changed for the worst. That's why they called them "the cheap and nasty."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

suppose since the trip you get from LSD and THC can be similar and since both are generally used in conjunction, it is easy to confuse a THC flashback for an acid flashback, conjoined with the 'evidence of the same'.

I know quite a few people who are still quite tripped (in the very slight visual distortion sense of the word) even years after their last encounter with drugs.

Of course LSD trips do leave the tripper, substancially changed apres the event, at least, that's how it left me. My choice, my body etc,etc,etc.

I burnt that bra.

You suppose alot of things :)

THC flashback LMFAO, keep em coming!

Only way I was aware of tracing intake of LSD was through a Spinal Tap. it stays there for a long long time, if not forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Samba
    Only way I was aware of tracing intake of LSD was through a Spinal Tap. it stays there for a long long time, if not forever.

Another myth. Spinal fluid like any other bodily fluid is constantly being excreted. Alot of it is continually excreted in the urine.

LSD does not even enter the spinal fluid never mind staying in there for any length of time. It cannot be traced with a spinal tap.

.logic.

Advertisement