Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eclipse 2.1 has been released!

Options
  • 04-04-2003 7:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Pick it up here -> http://www.eclipse.org/

I have to say I really like it. Very fast and has the options I needed (eg, remote debugging of servlets).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

That's actually nice. hmm. 61.2 megs WHAT IN GODS NAME!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by sjones
    That's actually nice. hmm. 61.2 megs WHAT IN GODS NAME!

In the rest of the world (except maybe some parts of the third world) they have this thing called 'broadband' where 61.2MB is not a problem.

In Ireland only leprechauns get broadband (and rich leprechauns at that).

I d/l'ed in work. 56k modem should take about 5.1 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Originally posted by Hobbes
    In the rest of the world (except maybe some parts of the third world) they have this thing called 'broadband' where 61.2MB is not a problem.

In Ireland only leprechauns get broadband (and rich leprechauns at that).

I d/l'ed in work. 56k modem should take about 5.1 hours.

I have broadband - college student.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

.. and what's it actually do?

generic, free IDE ?

what languages are you using it with?

Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It's a open source framework for a IDE. It's free but is designed to be customised for whatever you want by the use of plugins, which are supposed to be easy to do (haven't tried yet).

Currently I'm using it for Java/J2EE stuff. But there are plugins for various other things (JSP's, Databases, XML, UML, etc). There is also a sub project that is working on creating C/C++ functionality for eclipse. -> http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/

You can see what plugin's people have built for it here...

http://eclipse-plugins.2y.net/eclipse/plugins.jsp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Excellent...been looking forward to 2.1 - I've been holding off moving to Eclipse until that came out (cause I hate changing just before a new version gets released).

Broadband...eh? Heard of that....not living in leprechaun land, as I dont for the moment.

/me kicks off download, thanking Hobbes for the customer service announcement as he does so.

Ah. That'll be done in 40 mins :)

/me runs away before getting his head verbally kicked in

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

will give it a go, as I have no IDE on this computer :)

What plugins have you guys used for web/Java ?

downloading now overnight.. local calls are untimed in australia :) about EUR0.14 any time of day, so 56k isn't as painful

Colm

Advertisement