Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannibis

• 04-04-2003 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

I have no problem with this substance as I belive after 14 years of pretty much constant use I have found no ill effects.
    Now I am not saying what is fine for me is fine for everyone- some folks are allergic to peanuts and the like and I think it is the same with cannibis.
    I have rarely ,if ever , had a negitive experiance with cannibis (unlike drink) but many times have seen friends go white and need to lie down for an hour.
    'One mans meat 'seems to be the rule.
    I am not a 'waster' and I dislike the implication that if u are a regular user of cannibis that somehow you are a spaced out boring looser.
    In 14 years of smokeing( i am 28) I have traveled ,Studied, read books,changed carrers and worked pretty much constatly and have many ongoing intrests and hobbies.
    I like watching movies but dont like 'monging ' on the couch eating choclate watching drivvel on the TV which seems to be the conception of what a smoker is.
    Am loosing the point of this post so before I go on a tangent!
    I have stopped smokeing now for the last 3 months or so just out of curiosity and feel pretty much the same.
    I wont deny short term memory loss etc but that is an effect of actually being stoned and is not an issue when you are not high.
    The only thing that bothers me is the medium in which I take the substance , that is smokeing. I suppose getting twoards the big 30 I have started thinking about my own mortality etc (thats another post!) and health, lifestyle habits.
    I quit smoking tobacco 6 years ago for political and social reasons as much as health.
    I smoke dope in pipes/bongs or make coffies. I dont think actually being stoned is a health problem but the tar being taken into the lungs concerns me. I never cough or have phlem etc as the quantities I smoke in a pipe are small compared to what would go in a joint. Since I have quit for a few months I have no sudden load of crap coming out of my lungs like I thought I would.Clear as a bell it seems!
    Any body got some firm medical facts about cannibis tar/smoke?

Before you run the google seaches etc I been there and done that but its is an area no very well researched it seems.
    What I dont like is the the quality of the stuff we have to smoke in Ireland. The quality is poor compared to the UK and , Its morrocan solid off some boat and I m giving my money ,ultimatley ,to some gangster. I have a moral issue with this and I have to reconsider if and how I source it.
    I dont like smokeing this stuff that I have know idea of what it consists of and bits of plastic sticking out of it .

Any general toughts/experiances about this whole subject people?

This is not a post on the rights and wrongs of cannibis from a leagle point of view.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

If you are worried about the effects of tar/smoke maybe this funky little gadget could put you at ease?

http://www.air-2.com/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

You could always try smoking grass without any tobacco. First up, the lack of grass in this country would mean that gaps between smoking sessions would be longer and second, until you get used to it you'd be so monged you wouldent be able to stand up.

Do you smoke on a daily basis? I ask as a friend of mine only smokes dope and a few cigars a year. He's never had any health issues in roughly the same amount of time you've been smoking and he smokes about 3 times a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

Vaporizers- yeah they are cool toys, I have one but it aint the best. The one in the link looks pretty funky.I suppose the principle is sound- Vapor as opposed to smoke but my one makes a certian amount of smoke im sure and tastes of plastic, ickh:(
    The only good vaperoizer I had woz in Amsterdam in Sensi Seed bank when an old hippy fella had a giat round glass bowl with a glass bowl on top wid a rubber stopper. He used a Black and Decker Paint strippen Heat gun to heat the Bud. That was good but a bit on the large side!
    I smoke pretty much daliy and would absolutly smoke only grass if I could but as kell said their pretty much aint none in this country. gets the brain thinking though if you know wot I mean;)

Tobacco- Never tough the filthy stuff. Would like to smoke small one skinners of Bud as that is not a large amount of physicall matter therefore not as much tar?

Are vices wot makes us human ,eh?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Top post Juno.

I share the same opinions and life experiences, although I cut back recently, and tend only to smoke at weekends (kinda feel a bit monged the next morning, always have done).

But no, cant help you with the information you require, just had to say hats off.

Cheers SprostonGreen,

Sometimes I just get to feeling a bit fed up when you are constantly bombarded with statements /'facts' that make you feel you are doing something wrong or you have a problem or, my fav- 'issues' -that is you need to deaden your brain with cannibis use.
    To me it ,like the man said, is like haveing a cup of tea.
    I resent STRONLGY that I am breaking the law when otherwise I have never broken a law in my life.
    I resent giving my hard earned Euro to some criminal down the food chain, Not saying my 'dealer' who are usually the nicest chaps/lasses but the darker figures whos BMW i am filling with petrol.
    Most of all I resent putting a substance which in its natrual incarnation is pretty much benigin ( apart from tar?) but what I get is a lump of something solid,with god knows what additives- hence the 'dopey,monged' effect ( opiate of some sort maybe?)

I wanna have the ingredients on the box and pay taxes:(

I would like proper research done into the active properties and negative effects (if any serious ones)
    If tens of thousands of peeps are useing it everyday in this country......

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Drugs are bad.
    Cannabis makes one forget stuff*.

*How to spell, for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Obviously the best solution is to grow your own, health and quality wise anyway
    legal-wise i expect you'd get in much more trouble if caught with a bush in your house than just a lump of dope,
    or
    move to brussels, they just decriminalised it :D

this is the crux: Grow Bud, Keep it quite and be a happy bunny
    BUT
    in eire you get busted for some lights I think you going down.
    mmmmmm:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I'd say if you grew it for yourself and were only smoking it yourself the chances of ever being caught would be very slim. That being said, I don't condone it, it's still illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

i don't smoke or drink either,i buy good grass in the post from holland occasiopnally and make butter out of it but i wouldn't care to use it to often as i can't get up in the morning after it and all the binge eating upsets my system

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Ixidor

does it really matter? your going to die some time, you may as well be stoned when you do. it's bound to make you feel more comfortable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Originally posted by davelerave
    i don't smoke or drink either,i buy good grass in the post from holland occasiopnally and make butter out of it but i wouldn't care to use it to often as i can't get up in the morning after it and all the binge eating upsets my system

Is there a website or something you can order from? Or do you just get a mate to send it over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I bought a vaporiser for myself at christmas in a shop in town but it turned out to be a waste of money. I'd use it and it would taste mank and I'd just end up using a bong because i wasn't getting stoned.

You should just bake some muffins at the start of every week. The main health problem is the fact the you *smoke* it. This is the bit that makes the carconagenic (sp?) bits in the smoke and that's why a vaporiser is supposed to be better. The only problem with eating it is that you still get all the crap. If anyone finds a vaporiser to recommend, post it so we're all healthier.

Bravo:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

Originally posted by alanthecat
    I bought a vaporiser for myself at christmas in a shop in town but it turned out to be a waste of money. I'd use it and it would taste mank and I'd just end up using a bong because i wasn't getting stoned.

You should just bake some muffins at the start of every week. The main health problem is the fact the you *smoke* it. This is the bit that makes the carconagenic (sp?) bits in the smoke and that's why a vaporiser is supposed to be better. The only problem with eating it is that you still get all the crap. If anyone finds a vaporiser to recommend, post it so we're all healthier.
    cooking is fine as long as you get the good medicinal grass,the hash block stuff is no good too many additives

Advertisement