Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ftp listings

Options
  • 04-04-2003 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

does anyone know any programme that can login to ftp at a regular interval and then export the file listings to html or txt file (and then upload that file to a website)?

dw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Most browsers support the ftp protocol. Why don't you just point your users to ftp://myftpsite.com ? Just make sure anonymous ftp is set up.

However we need more information about your network setup to be of further assistance..there are any number of possibilities.

davej

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

I don't know of a program, but I have done something similar using php scripting.

Using php you can open an ftp connection, retrieve a file listing as an array and then do whatever you want with it, write it to a file, email etc.

Regards

Ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

well, basically i help run a website and we have an ftp site.. i want to be able to have a txt or an html file on the website that has the current listing of the ftp site (i.e. recently uploaded files etc.) so that people can see whats on there before they go to log into the ftp.

dw

Advertisement