Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernians DM - North and South

Options
  • 27-04-1998 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭

I propose we merge with the players in NI and have a good team
    to play against the English side.

I've been talking to Gibby about this and he reckons it's a good
    idea -

Von - your mail isn't working, bounced back, wassup?

John.
    --

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

: I propose we merge with the players in NI and have a good team
    : to play against the English side.

: I've been talking to Gibby about this and he reckons it's a good
    : idea -

: Von - your mail isn't working, bounced back, wassup?

: John.
    : --

John, I suggest we play them first....they seem pretty fragmented last time I checked. Get a game and then sort it out, whats the point in having a NI/IRE team if we have good enough (better) players here to fill the positions...therefore apt enough to take on a national side ourselves.
    Okay its the morning i am all philopsical.

Dave.

...and just to mention in the same post, that Qamex seriously needs some writing done on it...rather stale stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I say we should play Northern Ireland first to see what their players are like. Slick is the only one I know good enough for Hibs. I mentioned to Slick before that the NI lads should come down to Dublin for a LAN game. Anyone willing to host it??

Mail server here is fecked John.

UK V Ireland clan arena match coming soon (soon as my mail works and gets thru to Coerj)

: I propose we merge with the players in NI and have a good team
    : to play against the English side.

: I've been talking to Gibby about this and he reckons it's a good
    : idea -

: Von - your mail isn't working, bounced back, wassup?

I played Gibby there on dm4 and he did a
    job on me, Shmern is good too as I've been
    playing him for a while - don't reckon we
    need a practice but we can still pick the
    best players out of the full team.

John.
    --

:
    : : I propose we merge with the players in NI and have a good team
    : : to play against the English side.

: : I've been talking to Gibby about this and he reckons it's a good
    : : idea -

: : Von - your mail isn't working, bounced back, wassup?

: : John.
    : : --

: John, I suggest we play them first....they seem pretty fragmented last time I checked. Get a game and then sort it out, whats the point in having a NI/IRE team if we have good enough (better) players here to fill the positions...therefore apt enough to take on a national side ourselves.
    : Okay its the morning i am all philopsical.

: Dave.

: ...and just to mention in the same post, that Qamex seriously needs some writing done on it...rather stale stuff.

Only problem is that NI really don't have an organised Quake Team as such, we
    just have some players that I personally think would be good for
    and All Ireland team.

Its really only me, Shmern, Dusted and Slick that I'm suggesting, the others aren't too good.

TFS.G1bby.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: Get a game and then sort it out, whats the point in having a NI/IRE team if we have good enough (better) players here to fill the positions...therefore apt enough to take on a national side ourselves.

Fair point. However, I think it'd be deadly to see a mixed irish squad take on England. Even one or two lads from the north would be great. They may not make the team, but I think they should at least be in the squad available for selection, with the same kind of trials for the team that Mickah/Dest/BC are having.

I'm sure they've got one or two lads that are as good as some of the current hibs team. Gibby and Shmern are both pretty famous quake blokes (Shmern has been a UK player, and read about gibby in www.sujoy.com), so they should be damn decent team players (experienced, anyway).

I can't wait for this team to get together and start fragging. well done Von for kick-starting the whole thing.

WoooHooo

EWJ

• Advertisement

: Who gives a toss about 1 on 1's on DM4?
    > It's irrelevant as team games go.

I give a toss Von or else I wouldn't have
    mentioned it - he's a good player, okay?

Most of the good one on one players are
    good team players, it's not irrelevant.
    Look at Ser, Sujoy, Spud, OverLord, etc.

John.
    --

: : Who gives a toss about 1 on 1's on DM4?
    : > It's irrelevant as team games go.

: I give a toss Von or else I wouldn't have
    : mentioned it - he's a good player, okay?

: Most of the good one on one players are
    : good team players, it's not irrelevant.
    : Look at Ser, Sujoy, Spud, OverLord, etc.

There's also good 1 on 1 players who are RUBBISH team players and there's excellent team players (thinking of Tomb and Beast here) who don't play 1 on 1. So it's fairly irrelevant. :)) Ah jesus, just don't mention DM4 and 1 on 1 in the same sentence to me. The horror! The horror!

:
    : : : Who gives a toss about 1 on 1's on DM4?
    : : > It's irrelevant as team games go.

: : I give a toss Von or else I wouldn't have
    : : mentioned it - he's a good player, okay?

: : Most of the good one on one players are
    : : good team players, it's not irrelevant.
    : : Look at Ser, Sujoy, Spud, OverLord, etc.

: There's also good 1 on 1 players who are RUBBISH team players and there's excellent team players (thinking of Tomb and Beast here) who don't play 1 on 1. So it's fairly irrelevant. :)) Ah jesus, just don't mention DM4 and 1 on 1 in the same sentence to me. The horror! The horror!

:
    : : John.
    : : --

I've played the LPB's from Queen's college in Belfast, and they suck serious c*ck. Von should be able to beat all of them singlehandedly on DM4. Well maybe not.

Who gives a toss about 1 on 1's on DM4? It's irrelevant as team games go. We should play them 5 on 5 with our team playing a second or third choice team and see how they get on. I'm sure Slick is good enough but it's only fair to make them try out. Might be cool to have an all irish team thrash England tho.

: I played Gibby there on dm4 and he did a
    : job on me, Shmern is good too as I've been
    : playing him for a while - don't reckon we
    : need a practice but we can still pick the
    : best players out of the full team.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Fair enough Gibby, mail me or Cloud. We'll meet up with youse on irc and have a chat.

Von

: Only problem is that NI really don't have an organised Quake Team as such, we
    : just have some players that I personally think would be good for
    : and All Ireland team.

: Its really only me, Shmern, Dusted and Slick that I'm suggesting, the others aren't too good.

: TFS.G1bby.

• Advertisement
Advertisement