Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush coming to the North next week!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

If the deal hasnt been brokered, then his presence puts SF in an even worse position, as they have to be seen to negotiate with the man they are decrying as a war-monger....again boosting Bush's PR position and weakening any criticism SF can bring on him or Blair. Again, refusing to negotiate would sink them.

I agree. But the executive is suspended for months and If Trimble or Adams are close to an agreement but dithering a little - Bush's pressence may prove positive.

I know that the whole thing will be stage managed and the Anti War Protestors will be out of sight.

If Tony met George in London - London would be packed with a huge Anti-War protest.

But meeting in Belfast will focus some attention on our own Peace Process. This is warranted as the peace process has been stalled for months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

For those of you interested, the protest will be at Hillsborough at 6pm Monday evening. I doubt anyone from here will be there somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

are you going yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

Hell yes. By 'from here' I meant boards.ie - the regs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Oh be careful lads and ladies if your going up North to protest. The PSNI are fairly rougher than our little gardai siochana.

On the topic of Dubya's visit, I am mad, mad as hell that this international pariah is going to be entertained by Brown-nose Bertie. I'm so angry I'm burning here. The man who funds Israel against the palastinians is coming to sort out our peace process- don't make me laugh.

As far as I'm concerned Bush is a 'terrorist' target, and by coming to this country he is making us a target.
    I really want to puke. LET HIM DO HIS CANVASSING FOR IRISH VOTES IN HIS OWN COUNTRY.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

i'd say the government would prefer this meeting at a later date ,and yeh the americans are compromised by their ties with israel, the british are pushing for a solution though aren't they,i'm sure sharon must be going flat-out to complete that security fence with this war on and gobbling up more land

Advertisement