Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proxies or binded files?

Options
  • 27-04-1998 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

After playing the Hibs match, were both proxies and binded files were used!
    I found that the proxies were a bit confusing 'cos u had to figure out where the "at RA and RL with bla bla" was!
    With the binded keys it was easy.
    "Mickah's area secure, bla bla"
    That way u knew where exactly he was, and how he was doing.(Pre-organised areas)
    However, the "pack availible" / "rl availible at..." proxy messages were very good.
    Just wondering what ppl thought, personally I prefer binded cfgs, cos proxies tend to fill the screen with crap!

Mickah.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

No the .loc files are better once you know the difference on a level between say RA/RL area and RA ledge. Saying Mickah's Area Secure is ok, but there are times when you'll need to hold another position other than your assigned one for various reasons. You can instantly let team mates know where you are.

In that hibs thing I didn't know I'd be in it so my proxy binds were screwy. Forgot to take out the soundtrigger stuff so you got a screenfull of crap when I reported anything.

Carn was using Mm1 for some messages! lol. Open Pent indeed.

: After playing the Hibs match, were both proxies and binded files were used!
    : I found that the proxies were a bit confusing 'cos u had to figure out where the "at RA and RL with bla bla" was!
    : With the binded keys it was easy.
    : "Mickah's area secure, bla bla"
    : That way u knew where exactly he was, and how he was doing.(Pre-organised areas)
    : However, the "pack availible" / "rl availible at..." proxy messages were very good.
    : Just wondering what ppl thought, personally I prefer binded cfgs, cos proxies tend to fill the screen with crap!

: Mickah.

: No the .loc files are better once you know the difference on a level between say RA/RL area and RA ledge. Saying Mickah's Area Secure is ok, but there are times when you'll need to hold another position other than your assigned one for various reasons. You can instantly let team mates know where you are.

: In that hibs thing I didn't know I'd be in it so my proxy binds were screwy. Forgot to take out the soundtrigger stuff so you got a screenfull of crap when I reported anything.

: Carn was using Mm1 for some messages! lol. Open Pent indeed.

:
    : : After playing the Hibs match, were both proxies and binded files were used!
    : : I found that the proxies were a bit confusing 'cos u had to figure out where the "at RA and RL with bla bla" was!
    : : With the binded keys it was easy.
    : : "Mickah's area secure, bla bla"
    : : That way u knew where exactly he was, and how he was doing.(Pre-organised areas)
    : : However, the "pack availible" / "rl availible at..." proxy messages were very good.
    : : Just wondering what ppl thought, personally I prefer binded cfgs, cos proxies tend to fill the screen with crap!

: : Mickah.

We didn't really go overboard in the HIBS game with the proxysay stuff. However there was a lot of spam. I toned down Cloud's E4M3 cfg after the game to make it more readable.

Yeah, I reckon keep binding messages limited to a few words and keep your names short so everything fits on 1 line. Also there should only be a 3 or 4 wavs used, the most important ones.

: We didn't really go overboard in the HIBS game with the proxysay stuff. However there was a lot of spam. I toned down Cloud's E4M3 cfg after the game to make it more readable.

Advertisement