Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music of the Grove ..

Options
  • 04-04-2003 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

anyone ever gone along to this thing in the Isaac Butt? is it any good? tempted to go along this week..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Its a fiver to get in, they dont tell ya that in the ad.
    but after that its free, you become a member or some **** like that.......if it is like the normal friday and saturday nights it wont be much to write home about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

ah jays. and i liked that ad too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Chaps,
    you're missing the entire point: it's a celebration of The Grove!It does say that in the ad at least. I don't know how far people travelled to get to the grove so maybe if you're not from these climes you don't know much about it but it was a legendary night run for 30 years in St. Pauls School in Raheny. It has manys a famous name associated with it for manys a reason. So the music is crackin' as it spans the decades (cheesy phrase) from 1967 onwards to 1997 when, in a shocking, soul-destroying move, it became Club G. Thats didn't last long I don't think. And now there's nothing. So you can relive it on the first sat. of the month in isaacs! So stop moaning!

I had a great night last night inanyways. So did everything one esle by the look and sounds of things.
    As for the ching ching issue, I think that's only after a certain hour. What hour that is, I can't be sure.

Roxy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

feel v bad for slight negativity above now, I was one of those happy-bouncing people on Saturday too, it was really class. Got my fantastic little membership card 'n'all. Will be there every month! Great musicks altogether!

My parents inform me that they used to go to the Grove as well back in the day. Whole generations of alternative music fans this city has now!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

yer alllll right.

Roxy

• Advertisement
Advertisement