Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online tips

Options
  • 04-04-2003 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Recently got bf 1942 up and running online once i got my hands on the 1.31 patch, however getting absolutely slaughtered online, just wondering has anyone got any tips/strageties they wanna share. Also i seem to empty whole clips into people but don't get a kill, i read someone else havinng this trouble anyone know what the deal is with that. oh and i can't control the planes for the life of me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Small short bursts. 1 to 3 shots like. Keeps it accurate. Joystick easier to fly planes but use the mouse and not the keyboard for better control if you dont have a stick. Start up a Multiplayer Lan with nobody around and practice on the planes. After a while you will get good at them. Dont forget to right click too for aiming

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi,

What type of connection do you have? How high is your ping?
    When your ping is higher than 120, you get easily killed.
    The lower the ping the better you can react in man to man fight.

Winters gave some elemental tips. I will add some more.
    Basic rule: run around, never never never stand still!
    When you have to fight: short bursts and aim for the head.
    Give him shorts burst and let him empty his magazin. then you can easily get him down.

Fly:
    Forget planes without a good joystick (good means you should be able to have a throttle control and a separate rudder control).
    If you don't have that, buy one (maybe the sidewinder from microsoft (without force feedback) or an logitech one.
    I have an logitech wingman extreme. This one is cheap and works fine.

The best thing to do is to practice against bots. there you can learn how to fly (map el alamein is very good for practice).
    You can also practice how to handle the tanks. actually it is much more difficult to fight tanks against bots, because they will hit you with every shot, not like the real softies outside. when you kill down the bot-tanks you will have no problem against the average BF player. ;-)

You can find a a lot of more tips in the web.
    here are some links:
    http://www.bfcentral.com/tips.php (general)
    http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~bfaf/about.php (how to fly)
    http://faq.bf42.com/ (a lot of infos)

And again: practice against bots, learn the maps (specially where you can find health stations and ammo).

jow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

on 56k so my ping is about 300 i think, though i have to say i've been pleasantly surprised with how smooth the online gaming experience has been compared to command and conquer were the game was pure slow bf 1942 runs similarly to single player games on my own computer. thanks for the tips keep em coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

yea..my ping is about the same on a 56K...never lower than 230 or so.

I try to stick to small servers [max players 16 or so].

Not many 16 plyer servers in UK tho so I've been playink in Germany lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ha, Ha, Ha! my 56k'ness have given me a ping as low as 180 on games2! Usually i get about 200 -> 260. Though lag spikes have made it go up to about 1000 then i get disconnected :(

Only play on the UK/Irish servers as they give the best pings. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I ping 60 to games but its very laggy ,all you 56kers hehehehheh

kdjac

Advertisement