Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

very simple java question!!

Options
  • 05-04-2003 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

help! please!

'return a value' - what does this mean? how is it done?
    I don't mean getting something to print out a sentence.

the problem i have is getting values out of 2 stacks and putting them into a queue. Nightmare...

I'm bbbbeeeeeeggggggging for help so I can have time go out tomorrow night( problem due on monday!).

any thoughts greatly appreciated.

curadh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

To 'return a value' can either mean create a function that returns a value...

eg.

public String foobar() {
    return "This my return value";
    }

or it could mean your application has to return a value based on data passed in and processed.

btw, before the hordes with flaming torches come. People here tend not to answer homework questions on the board unless you can show you have actually done some work on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭curadh

thanks man. finally got it done two minutes to midnight. The golden goose was on the loose for a while. I think I was making a bigger deal of 'return' than it was worth.

Advertisement