Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[LUAS] Track?

Options
  • 05-04-2003 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

Anybody know how much of the track is actually complete?
    I think from the station at the reservoir (Sandyford) as far as Dundrum (Holy Cross School) is laid. But that's as far as I've walked along it. I must say it looks quite impressive.
    They are in the process of building a car park behind my house now (opposite what used to be Allegro). So I guess they're not putting in a halting site afterall, thankfully.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I too have been impressed by the LUAS construction, the Long Mile road being particularily impressive.

This is such a bitch for the government, imagine if it had been decided to keep the tram system...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I can see the LUAS station at Sandyford right now :)

Progress has been good so far on the station, I think its basically finished now, not sure about the lines though.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

www.luas.ie has updates. There is a small training / testing section complete in Sandyford on line B (Sandyford - Stephen's Green), most of the bridges are in place and track laying will commence in earnest shortly.

Most of the track for Line A (Tallaght - City) is in place or being laid at the moment.

See also threads on:

boards.ie/vbulletin > Society > Commuting / Transport
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=246

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

the track on Stevens lane in Kilmainham beside Houston Station was nearly done a 2 months ago so I'd say they've a lot more done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

LFCFan

Hmm, from what I can see there seems to be some nasty and awkward bits still to do near me - Inchicore, such as from the Naas Rd through Bluebell to Davitt Road for instance.

Its been about a week since I've been in town, but they still have to link James's Hospital with Stephen's Lane, which I don't think will be too pleasant either.

Don't even want to think about at the Mad Cow :)

D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

"A lot done, so much more to do!"

as far as i know this is going to go to ballymun so why didn't they start on it when they dug up the entire ballymun road? they will just have to do it again when they get round to building it.

Originally posted by Trebor
    "A lot done, so much more to do!"

as far as i know this is going to go to ballymun so why didn't they start on it when they dug up the entire ballymun road? they will just have to do it again when they get round to building it.

sure the same can be said of utility companies digging up the roads, filling them up again and then some other utility company coming along and digging it up again. I don't understand why there's not more regulation on road works and utility companies digging up the country. Surely it's possible for all that sort of work to be co-ordinated.

They have put some rails in place on Adelaide Road (eastern continuation of South Circular Road) and are geeting ready to pour concrete.
    Originally posted by LFCFan
    sure the same can be said of utility companies digging up the roads, filling them up again and then some other utility company coming along and digging it up again. I don't understand why there's not more regulation on road works and utility companies digging up the country. Surely it's possible for all that sort of work to be co-ordinated.
    The Communications Act (and the downturn in TMT shares) has stopped this.

Originally posted by Victor
    They have put some rails in place on Adelaide Road (eastern continuation of South Circular Road) and are geeting ready to pour concrete. The Communications Act (and the downturn in TMT shares) has stopped this.

Has stopped co-ordination of digging or has stopped the insane practive of digging the same area over and over again?

Originally posted by LFCFan
    Has stopped co-ordination of digging or has stopped the insane practive of digging the same area over and over again?
    The insanity bit.

• Advertisement

There is a very short section of track at Beechwood Avenue at the level crossing / platforms with more in progress.

The Ranelagh Road bridge was put in position today.

Originally posted by Victor
    The Ranelagh Road bridge was put in position today.
    Deck being done today.

Advertisement