Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's on the other side?

• 05-04-2003 1:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

On boot there's a message on my screen saying my DDR memory is working in single-channel mode, and I can't figure out how to get it into double-channel mode. The motherboard does support DDR but there's nothing in the BIOS, and there's no drivers or anything on the CD that came with the Mobo.

It's also running at the wrong clock speed but that's easy enough to fix if I ever remember to press DEL on startup......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Do you have 2 sticks of ddr in the machine? You will need that for dual mode to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Really? Weird one. I only have one stick in there but I've never read anything about needing two sticks for dual-channel. You'd think they'd put a warning on it. Ah, well. I intended to get more memory anyway but I can't afford it at the moment :(

Thanks Gerry.

Advertisement