Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eurasiasat 42 degrees

• 05-04-2003 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

im wondering is it poosible to pick up channels like tv8 turkey in south east ireland using the old sky satellite dish?and if so how would i go about changing the dish direction with a electronic sat finder

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

http://www.lyngsat.com/turk42.shtml (any stations listed with a white background are analogue fta, beige is digital fta and red means scrambled. For example, TV8 is fta analogue on the west beam on the frequency 11838 V.

Looks like you should be able to pick up stuff listed as being on the "west" beam, but the "east" beam looks near impossible.

I often use the following page to get the information I need for aligning the dish: http://www.satsig.net/ssazel.htm

I filled in 42 (the satellite position), and 52, -4, which is roughly the longtitude and lattitude for the south of Ireland. You're probably better off filling in the lat/long of your exact location, if you know it. According to the rough information I filled in your dish needs to be pointing at 132 degrees relative to magnetic north (ie use a compass) and the dish elevation needs to be set at 17 degrees. Then you could use a signal meter to hone in on the signal. It might take a few times to get the correct satellite, or you mightn't even get it at all! But that's all a part of the fun...

Sometimes it is also necessary for you to rotate your LNB slightly, in that case use the information for the "polarisation angle" listed on that page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I prefer a dry but overcast day (If I have the TV out beside Dish, I like to be able to see the picture and aviod having 27KV up my left trouser leg.

An Analog meter without 22Khz is fine even for Hi-Band Digital satellites, as tuning the receiver powering the meter to a channel more than 11.7GHz will generate a tone.

I use an analog Rx I got in Lidl as it is compact to have at dish and even can select any one of 4 LNBs on the 4 way Disqec normally on the PC Digital receiver, as well as easy frequency, H/V and Tone on/off.

I have a spare coax from house to shed where dishes are to feed back Digibox RF TV out to see Digibox meters on portable 6" TV

Advertisement