Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

planning permission

Options
  • 05-04-2003 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

despite living and working(own business) 15miles away my parents have recently been refused planning permission on the grounds of not being local tothe area.
    Anyone heard of stufflike this before?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

You're posting on the wrong board ... I'll try to figure out where you'd get a better response and move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

where do they live? wicklow by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by uberwolf
    despite living and working(own business) 15miles away my parents have recently been refused planning permission on the grounds of not being local tothe area.
    Anyone heard of stufflike this before?

Verry common. the planners are trying to close down car journeys.

Galway and Clare would deem 15 miles as not local enuff too. Mayo may as well, not sure.

Even if they were local , the planners would try to herd them into a village where the planners developer mates will fleece them large for a crappy little house. Way it is.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by uberwolf
    15 miles is not local, by local they mean the same townland or at most the next townland. It is not designed to ban Dublin people or foreign people. Why do your parents want to move out of town to a rural place 15 miles away? Away from friends, neighbours, relations and business connections to a place with no nearby shop, pub, post office, doctor, bus stop ....
    Originally posted by Muck
    Even if they were local , the planners would try to herd them into a village where the planners developer mates will fleece them large for a crappy little house. Way it is.
    There is an element of this but the idea is (1) cut down on unnecessary travel (2) enable services to be delivered at a reasonable cost to the entire community.

Advertisement