Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's Next

• 05-04-2003 3:27pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Goldberg has signed

The Raw Magazine which leaked this news had a picture showing goldberg and said he'd signed and asked "Who's next"

seing as WCW is no more which wrestling talent will WWE who are now essentially the only game in town sign next

Sting? Lex Luger? Ken Shamrock? - they have all been suggested previously

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Lex Luger? LOL.
    I wouldn't even refer to him as "talent"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Owen Hart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

may young for the title - now thats what i call old school -

p.s. she would put in a better performance that luger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

Originally posted by Pigman II
    Owen Hart

thats really not funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

tito ortiz apparantly, but they'll probably **** that up like they did with ken shamrock

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

their not next to sign but apparently both Nash(Diesel) and Piper are gonna be back and doing in ring action
    More news has come out about the upcoming return of Kevin Nash as "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel. The Roanoke Civic Center's offical website has added the card for the April 12th house show and one of the matches listed is Booker T/Shawn Michaels/Diesel vs. Triple H/Ric Flair/Chris Jericho. This particular 6 man tag match has been rumored to be one of the Raw brand matches that will take place at Backlash. Many feel that Diesel will return this Monday on Raw during the HHH/Booker T vs. HHH/Jericho tag match. Diesel was suppose to return last week but was held off since many felt that his return would be overshadowed by the debut of Goldberg.
    and apparently the following is a quote from piper himself

"Piper's back and in a big way, I'll be wrestling alongside Hulk Hogan, Vince McMahon and Jimmy Hart in a tag team match on the next PPV.

I've heard some people write that I haven't got another match in me after my car accident. Well let me tell you all something, I've always got another ass kicking in me for Hulk Hogan.

I'm not a hypocrite, I'm actually doing something for this industry I love and that needs fixing. If you want to support my cause than get to one of the following shows I'm booked at to see Piper live."

so two big tags at backlash one from each brand it seems

A Lex luger return might not be that unbelieveable or far off

According to Pro Wrestling Fans, three months down the line Hogan will join Raw and team up with Kevin Nash to reform the nWo and do some sort of nWo invasion. Supposedly there will be a third member but they say Hall has pissed off WWE so Hall is unlikley. Another prospect is Lex Luger who was in talks with Vince McMahon.

If they DO reform the nWo, then DO IT ****ING RIGHT THIS TIME and don't have Hogan jump ship after four weeks like he did before and then turn it into what it was before Nash tore his quad.

I suspect if this did happen there would be a 4th member at least maybe Steiner as they have no use for him now it seems

also smackdown invasions would be a must and make for good watching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Why would they bother with any of those crap ideas? This is just going backwards. Luger???? NWO??? Get the fu*k out of here.

Why do you think the NWO would be good if it was "done properly"? They're all just old men who can barely move. They're not "cool" anymore.
    Unlike you gobsh*tes, I'd prefer to see WWE make forward progress, rather than a rehash of the same old crap. Do we really need to see someone like Luger in action, while a great worker like Christian sits in the back?

obviously a balance needs to maintained by pushing newer talent such as storm who has never really got a decent wwe push (same can be said for dreamer)

but apparently this(the NWO) is in the works and apparently Luger is supposed to be in some advanced talks with vince

the NWO angle is expected to take place after shane-o-mac replaces Eric Bishoff as Raw GM. A pissed off Bishoff then returns as Leader/Manager of the NWO who wreak havoc on not only Raw but Smackdown too because they dont give a damn about the brand differences.

Hogan would not be part of this NWO as he is to finish his carear as a face riding hulkomania for all its worth although he would probably be used as a early smackdown casualty to NWO chaos.

Insted NWO would be something along the lines of
    Bishoff
    Nash(Diesel)
    Luger
    Steiner
    Big Show(when they attack smackdown)..he was briefly a nwo member before
    ....and one or two more

if done properly this could be very entertaining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

hmmm according to the net nash came back on last nights raw as diesel i.e. a face. seems if they wanted him back as a heel then using the diesel gimmick now when they were gonna reform the nwo soon anyway would lessen its (diesels) value in case they wanted to use it in the future.

i think a good heel stable is just what wwe tv needs atm.. be it the nwo, dx, evolution, team angle (team heyman) or whoever.
    it would be great to see them just "showing up" on both shows & causing havoc.. it would give steiner some much needed spotlight. the guy can be so over if hes used right, dont think hogan should be anywhere near it tho.

& how bout instead of signing luger they make use of a coupler of the hundred or so guys they employ now. take someone like jericho. it would so give him a lift to be in that type of stable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

oh byw apparently jericho & goldberg had a handbag fight after raw on monday about goldberg being a prick to jericho in wcw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ImpactPlayer

hopefully wwe will re-sign the repo man next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

*crosses fingers for the Bushwackers*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Originally posted by ImpactPlayer
    hopefully wwe will re-sign the repo man next!

Isn't He Dead? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ImpactPlayer

dunno. I hope not. If he is then they should bring back Brutus Beefcake and reform the Mega-Maniacs!

Advertisement