Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aslan - live in Donabate

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Actually this person didn't put themselves on the line, this person came on to the thread and spouted crud about the band advertised.

Would he like it if he posted information on his "band's" next gig and some wee tart posted back saying - God your band is shoite, hope your scanger listeners don't rob the surrounding area's houses etc etc. I don't think he would appreciate it at all.

Oh and Megadude, yes I am also a musician among other things (heh). Would you like me to send you some good music?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Gav Ol Son

I just thought you were being harsh. They're only a new band, Aslan have been around years. I'm sure they get worse slagging on TV, and the Radio. I actually heard them getting badly slagged on SpinFM, it was funny. Because they are bad now. Lets face it. What band are you in Gordon? Do you play gigs?

I haven't heard Aslan's latest, I loved their old music though - some of their melodies are very uplifting I find.

I'm not in a band, no, I'm one of those guys that makes music on his own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Gav Ol Son

Originally posted by Gordon
    I haven't heard Aslan's latest, I loved their old music though - some of their melodies are very uplifting I find.

I'm not in a band, no, I'm one of those guys that makes music on his own.

But do you have the guts to put yourself on the line, by uploading your music on a website? Good luck with the home recording. Its great that people can do this nowadays with software like Reason, and Fruity Loops3.

Oh I have the guts to put my music up, I just don't want anyone stealing my great ideas before they are copyrighted :)

But in truth I don't write music for other people, my music is for my own enjoyment and my friends and family tbh.

I'll let you both know if my music goes into the public domain.

Sorry for making this go so off topic Kali.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

LOL

Just heard smacked

A little bit of potential there if you would only
    try to stop sounding like a really bad version of
    the strokes

The chorus sounds like 'we're having a laugh, we're having a laugh' :)

Keep at it boiys.
    Rock on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Megadude
    ...we'll be signed before the year is out.

I'm glad you believe in yourself, but nobody is going to sign you based on that stuff. Have you uploaded any of your new stuff, I'd honestly like a listen. I'll point you to some of my bands old stuff if I can find it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

A reminder for those interested in the ORIGINAL subject of this thread - this gig takes place THIS Friday in DPCC. Tickets are also on sale at the Information Desk in the Pavilions Shopping Centre in Swords.

Advertisement