Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Oral over - how was yours?

Options
  • 05-04-2003 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Went surprisingly well for me, not a single awkward silence! :)

French didn't interfere as much as I thought it would, I only dropped a couple of "dans" and "et"s in here and there. One screwup though was when I said "piscine" instead of "linn shamha" - "ta piscine in aice lei-- uh.. erm.. linn shamha, il y a linn snamh-- aw crap..."

Did anyone else make any stupid mistakes like that? :)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'm sure I'll speak fluent... french in my irish oral next week. :/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

well i'm doing pass irish and i'm praying for just that...a pass - come on 40%!!! i hear they are really easy on the marking in the pass irish oral though, if not i'm screwed, i've mine on wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

i've mine on thursday and im terrified! im still debating with myself bout whether or not i should move to pass! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Thursday it's on... thursday... <worries>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

wed morning, one of the first on
    /me bites nails
    irish is prolly my best subject so im looking to do pretty well, esp. coz i want to do it in college....

• Advertisement

I was on the verge of speaking french SO MANY TIMES, never actually did, but as a result I broke down...

I could just about blubber "sea" for 10 minutes...
    I possibly passed that though, I did manage to throw in a bit of learned off stuff.

still, worst evar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by Mewzel
    i've mine on thursday and im terrified! im still debating with myself bout whether or not i should move to pass! :(

You dont have to decide for the oral, you can decide on the day of the exam. There is no Pass/ordinary oral

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Hehe, the examiner in our school started asking sh*t hard questions. The teacher of our top Irish class found out and abandoned his duties as an examiner at a Foxrock school around lunchtime to come back to our school (Terenure) and bite the head off him. So hopefully the examiner'll go easy on me when I'm in there tomorrow morning :D

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

i had mine today. it went ok. i said "oui" a few times but nothing too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Had my oral last week your one was an absaloute b!atch i got asked about digital camera phones ah well i'll never have to speak a word of irish again :p and i couldn't give a toss about pass irish cause i dont need it for points or anything..hang on french tommorow :( infact i should really be studying......

• Advertisement

Imp? Who are you? your name that is, it would appear we're in the same school and year :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Imp = Ian.. I would have thought everybody knew that at this stage.

As for my Irish oral, I made some mistakes, but the guy just smiles on and nods as they do. I really tried to fit in a bit about Iraq at the end, but he didnt take the bait. Otherwise it went as well as to be expected, not exactly A1 material I'd say, but Irish is bottom of my agenda anyway.

At least I dont have to speak a word of that language again, under exam conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

As for Culligan (the quote in my signature), our Irish teacher, he truly is the man.

:rolleyes: thanks Ste.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

/iMP feels loved by Ste and neglected by Ross.

:D

As for the oral... it went well! WOOHOO!!! G'luck to the rest of ye!

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

just did it today - piece o' p!ss.
    i got sliocht 10 - nice:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Mine was topnotch... Although the examiner was real ignorant.. she was staring all around her and biting her nails, picking her nose etc.
    for one guy she put the kettle on and started making a cup of tea and toast! but the teachers were informed and i think they told her off.. dunno!

She asked me how i would solve alot of sh!t.. like violence in the world and pressure on teenagers.. ha! she ended up answering the world violence one.. fairplay to her..

She made no effort to hide the scores and i saw my result..
    127/150... 84.6% just scraped an A .....woohoo!...
    21% thats half way to a pass in the whole exam..
    Nice 1.

Advertisement