Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL's MMDS channels available in Galway - list

• 05-04-2003 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭

Took note of all this in the place I was staying near Galway City in January (2003), which had MMDS (NTL cable must not have been able to reach):
    I wasn't monitoring all day long! so there *may* be more time-sharing of channels than I have indicated

Frequency listed is after downconversion of MMDS band to hyperband (area between Band 3 and UHF) and TV channel:

231.25MHz Sky Sports 3 (e, extra)/ Nickelodeon (ne)
    247.25MHz Sky Premier (e, extra)
    263.25MHz CNBC Europe (e)
    279.25MHz Sky Sports 1 (e, extra)
    295.25MHz BBC1 (e)
    311.25MHz BBC2 (e)
    327.25MHz UTV (e)
    343.25MHz C4 (e)
    359.25MHz TV3 (ne)
    375.25MHz Sky News (ne)
    391.25MHz Sky 1 (ne)
    407.25MHz Sky Sports 2 (e, extra)

e = encrypted
    extra= pay extra
    ne = not encrypted

The NTL decoder was a Cryptovision Cable Unit which had both RF and Scart O/P with RF loopthrough (to allow the VCR/TV to receive any unscrambled MMDS channels independently and/or RTE if all signals were combined on one cable). It was possible for the user to set up the unit channel line up, and displayed the frequency on screen when this was being done (tunes between 44-860MHz). The audio is unaffected by the scrambling, though the decoder muted the audio if an unpaid for pay extra channel was tuned in on it! (as if being able to hear the audio was going to make people less likely to subscribe!) and displayed a caption over the scrambled picture.
    In the complex where I was staying 'off-air' (RTE) signals and the downconverted MMDS signals were diplexed together and distributed that way to every room.

Advertisement