Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing Cds on Line

Options
  • 06-04-2003 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

Can Irish people buy cds any any of the amazon sites. It would be handy to use some of the European ones because of the euro.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

AFAIk yes. But you have to pay for delivery.
    Check out www.cdwow.ie for a site in € with free delivery. Limitied selection though.
    www.play.com also has free delivery, but prices are in sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Play.com
    i have ordered DVD's from them and they have always arrived within 1 week except for one which took 8 days

http://www.xe.com/ucc/
    currency converter

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Bear in mind that the website you will be buying from will more than likely quote its prices inclusive of VAT, which will be charged at the rate that applies in the country the company is based in (or possibly ships from). By law (I think) they will have to charge you the rates applicable in Ireland, since they are shipping the goods to an Irish address. AFAIK this only applies to EU countries, so Play is exempt (based in Jersey. Result? You may notice a small difference in price once you proceed to pay. There is an explanation of it all somewhere on the amazon.co.uk site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

ive bought of amazon many a time and even with the delivery charge it still worksout about the same price as cdwow but with a much bigger selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

which amazon ?
    the british one would almost double in price with the exchange blah blah ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

for the rarer stuff: http://www.musicselection.com/
    actually i'd nearly be inclined to say that if you can't get it off musicselection it doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Originally posted by parasite
    which amazon ?
    the british one would almost double in price with the exchange blah blah ...

Yeah but that's usually taken into account. For example a european amazon site would charge roughly the same as a british amazon site when everything is taken into account. Although the euro might be a little cheaper since you are always ripped off just a *teenie* bit when conversion is taken into account. Anyone remember still getting ripped off with sterling in Eason's even when the irish pound was worth more than the british sterling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

which amazon ? [the british one would almost double in price with the exchange blah blah ...
    /QUOTE]
    Actually brittish amazon £8.50-£10 new release(€13.50-€16)
    CD wow €13.95 not a big difference for new releases but as i said i usally use it for stuff i can find in the shops. cause i have to go to the hassle or borowing a credit card.

Advertisement