Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would America be more likely to elect?

Options
  • 06-04-2003 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

Slightly off topic to what is obviously the more pressing issue in world politics at the moment (and no, I refer not of berties new birdie) but I was just wondering if America will elect a black man over a woman into the presidency or vice versa? You have Hillary Clinton and Colin Powell for example who could possibly run for the job somewhere down the line (and I am just using those for examples of powerful figures of both race).

So basically would Jonny Rebel and his boys be more likely to vote in a "Niggur" or a "Brawd"?

Who will see in the Whitehouse first: 12 votes

Black Man
    0% 0 votes
    Woman
    41% 5 votes
    Neither, or at least not for a good while.
    58% 7 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I think Clinton has a better chance for the moment, at least unless Powell switches sides. If it doesn't happen next year, which is unlikely, it will have to happen next time.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I vote that a black man will be president before a woman
    but neither likely for some time I suspect unless Powell changes his mind. He could have been vice prez next time then real thing after that.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

The racist Christian ethic is too strong in the places that count to allow this to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭aine

neither....it will be an Frican Amerian woman....Condaliza Rice!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

Not that I like any of the American political parties, I hope that Hillary Clinton gets the Democrat nomination and wins the election in 2004(?). I would really like to see how GWB reacts to losing to a woman. I would like to see a black man as president as well but I think the southern states would not let that happen and the democrats would probably be too afraid to lose the votes in an election to put up a black candidate for POTUS. The republicans...well, say no more eh? Another interesting one is will a homosexual EVER become president within say, my lifetime of about 70 years?? I doubt it somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

I'd say a black man would have no real problem getting elected in today's America. A woman would have more of a problem, especially one like H.R. Clinton who was widely-known as "the wicked witch of the West Wing" during Beelzebubba's terms in office. That reminds me of the jibes that are coming out of this war. It was printed in today's Sunday (English) Times that it was noted by an American comedian that some anti-war women in the U.S. have taken to removing their clothes and lying down and arranging themselves to spell the word "Peace". The comedian observed, "Right idea, wrong president."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

They were probably all big hairy mongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think a black woman strong democrat would have a good chance of getting elected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭BattleBoar

I agree with Aine. I think Condoleeza Rice is the most likely candidate to run for president and win. I don't know her politics on some specific issues, but her intellect and experience is unquestioned.

She graduated college at 19, earned a masters degree at 20, then a PhD. She served as a professor and provost at Stanford university, and on the boards of numerous companies and NGOs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement