Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet telephone with bb

Options
  • 06-04-2003 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

I'm thinking about getting I-stream and I'm just wondering if I could then stop using my terrestrial phone completely and use something like dialpad. How would receiving phone calls work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

well hold off on getting eircom adsl just get, untill you see what via have to offer in about a weeks time. not point in rushing into a 12 month contract. also seems abite pointless paying phone line rental and not making calls

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭leonlafrite

Guys,

You need to have Eircom Line rental to get any RADSL service (even using netsource).
    Also I am 99 % sure that Eircom blocked necessary ports on their side to disable any VOIP (internet phone calls) capability. They would loose too much. The quality of the service offered by most of those company is real good too.
    I am going with netsource and I should be able to use VOIP.
    3 euro/Hour to call anywhere in Europe ... However, I am not sure yet how the computer can be called via a land line phone ...From another computer, NO PROBLEM : use netsopurce a & you will also receive a Fixed IP

===============================

well hold off on getting eircom adsl just get, untill you see what via have to offer in about a weeks time. not point in rushing into a 12 month contract. also seems abite pointless paying phone line rental and not making calls=

=================================

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

leonlafrite

Can you pm me or post here with more info on the VOIP.
    I would be very interested in it, especially since im going with netsource. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭leonlafrite

=============================
    leonlafrite

Can you pm me or post here with more info on the VOIP.
    I would be very interested in it, especially since im going with netsource.

================================

Well, I have been using Voice Over IP for a few weeks now with www.callserve.com which is a UK based company. I am able to call france over my 56 Dial up for 3 euro/hour... Quality is suprisingly good and I am really looking forward ADSL to get telephone like quality. I have checked with net source and was told that there would not be any problem to use VOIP service(not surprising for a business ISP...) unlike BT in the UK...
    Anyway I would stick with callserve as I have only read goos review and that the company is not based in India or some place like this.

:cool:

Advertisement