Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush In the North...

Options
  • 06-04-2003 7:35pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry but I'm nearly wetting myself laughing at the deliciously ironic possibility of Gerry Adams picketing George Bush in the North of Ireland during a Peace March...

Is it just me or is this world just too fnckin' weird sometimes hahah...

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Why would sinn fein give up an opportunity to further the peace process by not meeting with Bush and Blair?
    Hasn't Adams stated that he will make the partys views know as regards the war in the meeting.

Do people not agree that it is in fact a bit ironic to discuss the NI peace process at a war summit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Bush being in the North for the "war summit" is ideal for him because at the same time the summit is going on it will be announced that the IRA have disbanded for good.

It will be portrayed differantly in the media in the states as Bush playing an active hand in this (and maybe he did). Hence his popularity will increase by the means of using this as an example of how his "war on terrorism" is working

thats my opinion. I know alot of people wont agree with me but Im a cynic when it comes to the antics of one George W. Bush

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

agreed
    uber-opportunism

is this bush's first trip abroad ?
    bless

little monkey kins, awww

:confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Is it just me or is this world just too fnckin' weird sometimes

sometimes truth is stranger than fiction!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

2 people arrested and a half-a-dozen bomb threats so far, and he hasn't even landed yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

2 people arrested and a half-a-dozen bomb threats so far, and he hasn't even landed yet.

Really? I haven't seen any national news today.

Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by DeVore
    Is it just me or is this world just too fnckin' weird sometimes hahah...

Bush can 'persuade IRA to disarm'

Classic headline. He's got a very proactive history to date in the disarming of people...

ROFL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by bug
    Really? I haven't seen any national news today.

Excellent.

How exactly is that "excellent"?

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I really seriously just lost all faith or belief in indymedia after reading some of the unmitigated, unthinking posts there. And in general I oppose the war. Any "newscasters" who uses childish name calling in the titles of their op-eds must be seriously called into question... (and I've defended Indymedia before...).

DeV.

Advertisement