Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Kinda Person are You?

Options
  • 07-04-2003 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

as dedicted listeners to phantom fm, what steriotype do you fit into, just a quick discription of your dress sense and music tast:
    hippy? punk? skater?

i'd probably be described as being into punk-rock myself. usually see in black cloths, usual band-named shirts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

is it possible that one doesn't actually dress to a specific code and that one can't be pigeon holed based on what clothes one puts on in the morning?

I'd really prefer to think that they way I dress doesn't have a name. I think most people are probably the same. Well maybe not most but a fair majority....

Roxy I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

I agree with roxy, a person's style of dress or whatever doesn't always reflect the wearer's taste in music... which would explain why my sequined platform boots and lycra skin-tight jumpsuit doesn't reflect my passion for the music of The Kelly Family.

I'm going to go now.

..yeah J and your baggy mint-green cable-knit sweater.

But I have to laugh at this Ixidor:
    Originally posted by Ixidor
    as dedicted listeners to phantom fm, what steriotype do you fit into

I didn't know that was part of the deal!
    In fact, I'm fairly confident it's not part of the deal.

Do you like banks Ixidor? One's that are centrally located?

Roxy

Dan Kelly RIP
    (1930-2002)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Ixidor

indeed........
    anyway, i just thought i's ask a question, didn't really think people would be so convinced that there indiviual. as far as i can see, most people seem to fit into a "type" eaily enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

I have to say that music dictates fashion when you let it. Some people find it neccessary to follow what their genre dictates as cool clothing.

Now I'm not a brilliant dresser but dont subscribe to the english top-shop knacker dressing. I have been in a few bands and the others all dress to the music be it heavy rock or stoner rock, no-one ever believes that I'm in the band.

Ah well I'll have to dig deep into the closet for my old Metallica and Megadeth t-shirts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

aw....
    i remember the good ol' days when i was a bit of a "central wánker" thank dear god i don't have to deal with being an attention seeking twat anymore.....

no affence to anyone that may (or may not) have posed on this topic, who may (or may not) be at that stage in there lives...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

I go for the boy band look myself:p :p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

Originally posted by Tyrrial
    aw....
    i remember the good ol' days when i was a bit of a "central wánker" thank dear god i don't have to deal with being an attention seeking twat anymore.....

yet if it wasnt for a certain central bank we would never have met.... ah memories...... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i wear 'trendy' clotrhing with the vaguest of vague hints of alternative . i also used to be a central banker. sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Sandi thinks I'm a hippy
    I'm not really though, I'm all RAWK really I am

sm-126471.jpg

RAAWWWK not hippy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

cant get enough of brand names me...

you know loike ralph lauren and thomas hilfiger

what a crazy ass question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

i had always wondered what central ppl were like, well what are u like. are u guys the older type of central bankers and the new central bankers are doing it all wrong. with 'they have no respect for thing, get off my lawn you stinking kids' type attitude towards them???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i dont know.
    i hung around about 6 years ago. it wasnt that a 'hung around' there per say but wed always just arrange to meet there and end up bumping into lopads of ppl we knew and stay talking for an hour or so. i still meet people there...he he, but its all different now. when i was there it was easy to just stay and chat there in the afternoon coz it might be sunny and you oculd sit on the steps

gosh

i need a werthers original after that. and you can come sit on my lap grandson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

Originally posted by Ixidor
    didn't really think people would be so convinced that there indiviual

I'm individual & unique. Just like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

F*cks sake! ^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Originally posted by Cherry
    I'm individual & unique. Just like everyone else.

Sounds like a Monthy Python rip off:

"We are all indiviudals!" - Crowd

"I'm not" - an individual

Classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i think it went more like:

brian: your all indiviudals

someone: i'm not!

but the point is it is indeed a classic!

No...it went like this

Brian:"you are all individuals"

Crowd:We are all individuals"

Brian:"You are all Different"

Crowd:"Yes,we ARE all different"

Bloke:"I'm not"

You are right though,pure classic"

you're really on the way to killing the joke now. Please stop.

Roxy

lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I'm getting deja vu here.

These 'Oooh ooh what type are you?' threads are floating about all over the place like spyrogya in a pond.

Me? I'm a ninja. :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

So what would a person who likes Rock and Roll, plays in a band, but wears a pair of ever so slightly baggy Levis and a wolly jumper fit into?

Whatever you wear, whatever you do, whatever music you like, its always possible to be .........

A NINJA!!!!:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

so ninja like, i NEARLY didn't see you!

well what about these band t-shirts?!? the ones all ye hip young things be wearin'? is it just me or are the lazyest form of style ever created?!?

Ahhhhh, Karma Kabbage, band t-shirts are not lazy, they're all part of the sneaky ninja invasion. So ask yourself the next time you see one 'Do they like that band....or are they a :ninja: ?'

See what YOUR band t-shirt can do for YOU!!
    NINJA STYLEEEEEEE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

Originally posted by Silverfish
    Ahhhhh, Karma Kabbage, band t-shirts are not lazy, they're all part of the sneaky ninja invasion. So ask yourself the next time you see one 'Do they like that band....or are they a :ninja: ?'

i have learned the error of my ways, the band t-shirt is to be respected and feared!!! i shall never diss it again.... :ninja: :eek:

Advertisement