Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Programming

Options
  • 07-04-2003 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭

I looking to do a bit of programming in the next few weeks, anybody know wich is a good one to start out with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Sounds like you have a project in mind. What language you use depends on what you're trying to achieve. Give us an idea of what you want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I would like to get involed with java along that line, the reason many people do not want to do it because it is boring, i like working by myself being left alone and fixing problems, and the money is very good in it, type object orientated programming

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Excellent. Go for Java and good luck with it.

Couple of links etc.

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/ -- this is a introductory tutorial.

http://java.sun.com/ -- root for the above. This will provide free software.

I did my first programming course in xBase with FÁS. Then I did a programming course with Visual Basic with the I.T.E.B way back in the last century. They have a Java course but unfortunately its the end of term so that link is completely useless.

Still there are online courses, one site that springs to mine is JAVA 2.0 - Programming with the Fas Net College which is certified, costs €120 but that doesn't include your exam fees.

You can get help here but do post some code, make a suggestions as to what is causing the problem and what you have tried to do to solve it. Otherwise you'll get flamed.

Hope this is a good help/welcome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

cheers evil phil, they are very helpful links, that will get me started with my programming. :D

Advertisement