Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flashbacks!!

• 07-04-2003 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I know of only 1 other person who this happens too, but for as long as i remember i get (very very vivid) flashbacks of events that would have happened over the few days previous or that really stuck in memory.

Of just anything? No, mainly memories that make me cringe or that i would like to change. I would physically cringe because of some of the things and i would get really weird looks from friends & family.

This especially happens after a night out as i remember bits & pieces of what went on. I get a bit worried some times as it can feck up my day and i spend it day dreaming or reflecting and i can in no way concentrate.

Is this normal, do you suffer the same?

Do you get flashbacks? 34 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    64% 22 votes
    ... Flash ... Gordon?
    35% 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Umm, no. On deep reflection I definitely dont get those.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

This especially happens after a night out as i remember bits & pieces of what went on.

what drugs are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

are you fit regular_poster?

If notI suggestyou don'ttry and flash your bits at Gordon. Likely to get banned or touched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

drugs? only alcohol

no i am not as fit as i want to be, i'm 1 stone more than my ideal :)

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    You’re welcome to have a spin in my time machine when I get around to building it.

if you were trying to make him feel better Mercie, I think this last comment will just about scare him to death! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Try forgiving yourself for the stupid mistakes you've made, and accept that embarassing moments are blown out of proportion (generally) by those who are the butt of the joke.

And don't get too drunk.

That should help things. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

hmmmm i dont think you're suffering from flashbacks as such.

i used to get flashbacks of a really traumatic incident. the thing with serious flashbacks is that its not like youre remembering, its like you're actually back in the same place.

with bad flashbacks they are very very upsetting and with lots of ppl a panic attack follows. i didnt know good flashbacks existed because theyre usually based on bad emotional experiences that you havent dealt with. its like your mind reminding you to take care of it and get over whatever the nasty situation was.

remembering pieces of a drunk night out is just that.

x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Well, in the way Mercury_Tilt explained, yes I do. After a good night out, I call for my mates for lunch, and we combine what each of us can remember to make a clearer picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yup i get them and its usually embarassing things, or things im ashamed about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

flash17.jpg
    The Flash (Flash Gordon is poo)

Never had them myself, unless you consider remembering something when you see something else related to it to be a flashback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i have to say merc your spot on, thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭evie

regular_poster, I can safely say that this is not an unusual phenomenon. Getting very drunk, getting up the next morning and going to college is not a good idea. Mainly because a) you feel like you're going to drown the us with puke and b) the flashbacks.
    A regular occurance for myself and many others like me so don't worry! The usual "did I really try and beat up that guy standing outside the girls toilets?" (I'm female btw).

So in conclusion, don't worry! These things were sent to try us!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭evie

Maybe I am cute! Did you chose your avatar because you're green??!
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Back on topic guys.

Surely flashbacks are just important events that mean a lot to your future and you didn't realise it at the time?

Advertisement