Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Sambo's u've had from/in a deli

• 07-04-2003 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

So yeah i'm just after enjoying a deliscious spicy hot chicken sandwich from mace and i just thought it would be a good idea for a thread, so everybody post up what yur favourite sambo or the best one that u have had in a deli is!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

meatball roll in Subway (u can add extra stuff like cheese and all that, it's realy nice though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah i like the teriyaki sub with lots of spicy peppers! Yumm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

The meatball sub is a good one but I think I can top it.

An O'Brien's toasted white with melted swiss cheese, hot bacon, some egg mayo and a small taste of onion.

Another from anywhere that can do hot wraps. Tomato wrap with ballymaloe relish and mayo, chicken tikka, cheddar cheese, some peppers and sweetcorn. Has to be heated.

From a place called Lemon Jelly in T.Bar that do crepes and bagels. Toasted poppy seed bagel with melted mozzarella, crispy bacon, a fried egg, garlic mayo and lettuce. Nearly rivals a kebab on a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Lexie

A large ultra fresh and crispy roll filled with 3-4 hot and crispy hash browns smothered in mayo and melted cheese. Absolutely divine. Sounds weird but I guarantee you if you try them you will love them. Not too healthy though..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

Don't think a great sambo can be healthy.

A new challenge perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

I think I can top my own.

Toasted Club sandwitch in Lemon cafe on westmorland st.

Originally posted by Gaffo
    From a place called Lemon Jelly in T.Bar that do crepes and bagels. Toasted poppy seed bagel with melted mozzarella, crispy bacon, a fried egg, garlic mayo and lettuce. Nearly rivals a kebab on a night out.

i think i might have been there, do they mostly do crepes? anyway my friend toke m e there when i went up to visit her and it was a fairly nice place, I got this really nice melt. Its had that lovely big thick Pez bread and i think i had ham and some other things and then melted cheese, it fair nice!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Pablo's deli, swiss cheese and ham roll mmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The hell with being healthy, a Spar bacon and sausage baguette is usually tasty enough. 911s chicken fillet effort with lettuce and cheese sambo is nice enough too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

Hemmingways in Ballsbridge - brie and coleslaw simple but yummy yummy yummy

When I'm hungover though it has to be OCB's turkey/stuffing/mayo/cranberry sambo......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

white bread -- chicken mayo, swiss cheese, mixed peppers, lettace

nyom!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

You can get a sambo from a place in casltebar called Tuckers.
    Its a triple decker sandwich with whatever you want in it with damn tasty fresh ingredients.

failing that bring on a steak and cheese footlong sub with everything on it and some thousand island dressing. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Anyone know what the Subway is like opposite Trinity? Any reccomedations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

tis allright. not so bad that you wouldn't try it the once, seems like a good range of stuff in there, but i remain to be convinced by it, I am a finicky eater though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Bateman
    Anyone know what the Subway is like opposite Trinity? Any reccomedations?

That's the only subway in Dublin AFAIK.
    Subway is truly food of the gods. The guys in there know what i'm going to order at this stage, its embarrasing...foot long chicken teriyake with extra cheese, onions, green peppers and LOADS of sweet onion sauce.

Now i'm really hungry after thinking about it :(

Yup teriyaki is really nice alright! It was the steack'n'Cheese before, but now its teriyaki all the way!! As far as it being the only one in dublin, i don't think so. I don't live there but i've definetly visited a few there, and also on the usit vouchers its number a couple(like 3/4).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Originally posted by suppafly
    So yeah i'm just after enjoying a deliscious spicy hot chicken sandwich from mace and i just thought it would be a good idea for a thread, so everybody post up what yur favourite sambo or the best one that u have had in a deli is!

yeah the spicy hot chicken sandwich from mace is beautiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

anywere- pannni with roast chicken breast edam cheese and lettuce and mayonaise and onion's all over it:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 repoman_666

Simon's Place in Georges Street Arcade.
    Great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Got a nice Chicken Tikka one in O'Brien's, expensive though at IR£4.50, twas uber delicious all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Cafe Luna In Waterford does a Stake Pannini, which is the best. It’s filled with mushrooms, onions, stake and Pepper cream sauce. €9, which includes Chips and a side salad.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The Chicken and Bacon Triple Decker in O'Briens. Tis more beast than sandwich.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

You have to try the "Chuck Wagon " on the Belfast Road just past Swords , Their Breakfast sarnie on soda bread is the best ever ...

Guarantied hangover cure...

MMMMM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

I find all of the O'Briens stuff tastes like rubber. Next time you are having one try tasting the cheese and the chicken seperatly and see how strangely similar they taste...

Murphys on Baggot street have a great deli counter. Make delicous sambos with decent ingrediants. Try and finish a King Size New Yorker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

ok. I'm eating my fave hogie at the moment.

from Spar Cuisine De France.

Half a baguette (buttered)
    With Egg Mayonaise
    Potatoe Salad
    Stuffing
    Chicken (though chicken tikka is prefferable)
    couple of slices of emmental cheese.

n a pack of kezzils (though walkers sensations r preferable)

Ny0m

lol

Advertisement