Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool - money well spent (NOT)

• 07-04-2003 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here think houllier deserves his job. I think he is an absolute muppet. His money spending has been crazy. He couldnt recoup the money he has spent in a fit of s**t. They are all crap. Personally I thought Diouf wasn't that impressive at the world cup. The man wouldn't trap a medicine ball. He has the touch of a donkey and couldn't score if his life depended on it.

Trioure or whatever his name is ..........nearly scored 3-4 o.g's against united. Was unlucky not too!!!!

Hypia, Rise, carragher, murphy, owen, gerrard, baros(maby on the bench) .....................sell everybody else, every last one of them. starting with Heskey.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Being a Utd fan .. him subsituting Baros instead of Heskey was a joy!!

It was like playing with no strikers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

it was unbelievable!!!
    What was he thinking. Fair enough it would be a kick in the gut for Heskey to be taken off but I mean. Your trying to secure European championship football here worth how many million to the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I said it a while ago that out of the current Liverpool squad only 6 of them deserve first team football with the club

Dudek
    Hyppia
    Risse
    Gerrard
    Murphy
    Owen

Subs:
    Kirkland and Baros

Down with GH he's a delusional muppet in his own little wonderland

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

taking off baros instead of Heskey on saturday was laughable, ok a few flick on's might have happened but heskey is singularly the worst buy in years. Martin o Neill managed to get something out of him at Leicester but he is nothing more than a joke at the pool

baros - well when he was signed he flattered to deceive with a few crackers but then nothing, Houllier must be the worst man manager..

I blame it all on his heart attack - changed him for the worst. ahh but maybe he wasnt that talented before it anyway !??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

I dont think GH is the man for Liverpool either. I honestly cant see them winning and decent trophies next year with him in charge. Also have to agree about his signings .... they've been generally awful.

Players that need to sold:

Diouf
    Traore
    Biscan
    Diao
    Berger
    Murphy
    Smicer
    Heskey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

this is so true

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Freeshack

you gotta keep diouf, the man ahs been a revelation on the right wing. houllier proved himself with that 5 trophy haul, thats hall of fame stuff there. he's a quality manager and deserves a lot of respect and support. i wouldn't mind seeing him in control next year. he always gets on with the job and has no problem admitting his mistakes. heskey and owen are a great partnership, a great provider linking up with a very dangerous striker.

(biscan should be shot everday for the rest of his life, what a punk)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

diouf seems to be ok defending, but going forward he'd fall over his own shoelaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

you gotta keep diouf, the man ahs been a revelation on the right wing. houllier proved himself with that 5 trophy haul, thats hall of fame stuff there. he's a quality manager and deserves a lot of respect and support. i wouldn't mind seeing him in control next year. he always gets on with the job and has no problem admitting his mistakes. heskey and owen are a great partnership, a great provider linking up with a very dangerous striker.

Are you watching the same team the rest of us are? as for your five trophy haul, One was the European Super Cup, and another the charity shield. These are not tournaments, they are single matches. I heard a Liverpool fan on Sky sports recently trying to claim that they were the most successful team in England at the minute because of all these trophies. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFE LADs. Liverpool should be winning Leagues and European cups. That should be the measure of their success. I am a united fan but I remember the great pool team of the late 80's and that is what Liverpool should be aspiring to, not this defensive Wimbledon type team playing long diagonal balls over the top to start all the attacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I heard a Liverpool fan on Sky sports recently trying to claim that they were the most successful team in England at the minute because of all these trophies. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFE LADs.

Agreed. The only thing that made the Worthless Cup interesting was the fact we beat Utd. The team needs to be ripped apart. The sad thing about it is that it will probably take at least another 2-3 years to become the team that used to be respected. I'd give all the trophies we've won in the last 5 years for a Premiership title. Have to laugh at Diouf getting African player of the year. What a joke. fair enough he had a good world cup but what about the rest of the year? Don't think he'll be sold though as Liverpool paid too much for him and would lose a fortune for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I think The Kop need to bring in 2 centre halves - one to cover and one to partner Hyppia. Bring in a full back to take Carrra's spot. No offence to the lad, he's good defensively but looks lost once he gets past the midfield line (maybe thats whats you get for been nurtured under the Houllier regime for so long).

Then moving onto midfield - sell Hamann and get a few million and then bring in a good playmaking midfielder to prtner Gerard. Bring in Harry Kewell seen as how we won't get Duff for teh left and then give Partridge the right midfield position - the chance he's been begging for since returning to Melwood for training.

Up front - first offload Heskey to Spurs. Seemingly Hoodle is lining up an 8million bid for him. Liverpool don't need any new strikers only just to give Baros and Mellor a chance and see who plays best with Owen.

Oh ya and get rid of the GH regime or failing that force him to play more attacking football.

My 13cent on the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Have to laugh at Diouf getting African player of the year. What a joke. fair enough he had a good world cup but what about the rest of the year? Don't think he'll be sold though as Liverpool paid too much for him and would lose a fortune for him.

I agree, but didn't ronaldo get World player of the year on the strength of those three weeks in Japan and South Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Freeshack

diouf seems to be ok defending, but going forward he'd fall over his own shoelaces.

he's one of our new players actually willing to run at defenders. they guy knows what he's doing down the wing.

ya gotta have faith in houllier, he was appointed by the guys who know the business and they felt he was the right man for the job, so now should we turn our back on him when he's not doing what we want?

Advertisement