Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid V's United predictions

• 07-04-2003 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Real are at home with all players fit. But struggled at the weekend and haven't showed much in the european cup so far.

I just fancy united this year

reckon

2: 2 in real

2:1 in united to united

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Real to win by a goal and to hold United in the return...

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

I think the scum will win 2 - 0...

scum being Man u of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

lose 2-1 in madrin but man u to win at old trafford and go through on away goals rule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,627 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Ive a sneaky hunch United will beat them in Madrid scarily enough. United have a better defence and theyve got plenty of world class talents who can win a match single handed on any given night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

And Real are totally lacking such talents of course.... United need an away goal to help them out for the return, not sure they'll get it though. I hate both teams so in all honesty I'm just hoping for a good game of football :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I honestly do not know what to expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

2-0 Real.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Should be a cracking game 2moro. 3-1 to Real I'll go for. United's defence is playing pretty well but if Real turn it on infront of their fans then United are in for some hurt.

I'll have my fingers crossed. Come on you mighty whites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

1-1 in both legs, real win on penalties eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Jake303

Real, the chips are down and evn David Beckhams new hair cut wont save man u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Real 1 - United 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

good game! id say united will win but im rootin for real

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by SprostonGreen
    Real 1 - United 2
    Precisely. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I dunno, hopefully United get through. I cant wait to watch what should be two excellent games of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

2-2 to Utd :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dambuster

think about that 1 again 2-2 to utd
    i reckon 4-1 to madrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Real 3 1 Man Utd (whaddymeanyadid'ntwatch!)

Utd better in second half the goal could be important but Real were just ticking over for the last 30 mins...Beckham, Giggs, Scholes...rubbish tonight.

Mike.

Should have been a penalty too when Ronaldo was obstructed.
    Good win for Real, but I expected nothing less tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Space_Coyote
    3-1 to Real I'll go for

bravo to you Mr. Coyote

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well a fkn nerve wracker, thought we were going to score, then that they were going to hockey us, then we would get another, then they would score again, mental attacking game, think two poor defences except they had the better keeper.

The result was spot on based on the team performance, they were fantastic to watch at times, Figo, great finish.

Beckham very quite, Brown was nervous, Giggs quite, Keane controlled, Ferdinand ordinary, JOS unreal again.

Will be a good 2nd leg but we should have got a 2nd to make it a bit easier, still hard to know how it will go.

Fantastic match to watch, had it all.

Disappointed we did not score again but relieved they did not put us to the sword when the could/should have

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Jake303

To those who thought Man U were gonna beat Real IN Madrid............................What ****ing planet are you from?

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

To those who thought Man U were gonna beat Real IN Madrid............................What ****ing planet are you from?

Probably the same place as those who thought scouse were going to win the PL or even the CL this year

As those that thought arse would win the CL, go the whole season unbeaten,

as those who thought United would win 4 trophies this season or those that thought United would not even qualify for Europe

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

as those who thought United would win 4 trophies this season

like you yop? :p

mg Madrid are such an unbelievable team.
    Their football is like...*wow*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Real are unbelievable. They make the impossible things look hard, their little flicks add a different dimension to the game and they pass it with no pressure at all (even when they're under pressure in defence)

Raul took his goals really well took advantage of a poor performance from Barthez. Figo was outstanding and as for his 'goal/cross'. Well lets put it this way - if he meant to do that he probably could have.

Utd were lucky not to be 4-1 down and missing a keeper. Real had a definate peno turned down and what the hell was Barthez thinking handlinmg outside the area. I suppose he might as well try it seen as how that brutal Sweedish referee was about 50 yards behind play all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

United were beaten off the pitch last night, even when Real dropped a few gears near the end they could have scored 3. RVN was kept QUIET* all night, he scored and worked his socks off but he didn't get to run at or turn the Real defenders much. That could be down to United poor attacking as Reals defending.

TRS now have a mountain to climb and I for one don't think that they will qualify for the next round.

*Note spelling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Utd wern't bad they were terrible. They were totally outplayed and Real made fools of them. Zidane and Raul were total class. It's just aswell that Ronaldo was only on 50% or it would have been a hockey score.

Keane, Beckham, Scholes, Ferdinand, Brown and Giggs were made to look like 2nd division players. But what about Barthez? The worst game of his life IMO. A total joke of a performance and just 2 weeks away from an exit.

No trophies again this season???:D :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Outta 10

Bartez - shocker!! a keeper taller than 4 ft 4 might be a start for united 3 (for turning up and saving a free kick)

Neville - 0 (in fairness ive never given him more than 1)

Wes Brown - 5 - looked dodgy all night. gave away a peno aswell

Ferdinand - in fairness he plays the same game every time. he's consistent. didn't think he did too bad 6

Silvestre - did alright. bu JOS any day.still has that stupid look about him. dopy at times. 4

Giggs - worked hard. whenever he got hte ball there were three players around him but no-one used the space that was left cause of this . drifted in and out of game too much 5

Butt - boys against men , hasn't played enough. worked hard 5

Scholes - alright. got carded harshly - 6

Keane- one of united better players - 7

Beckam - oh my god, how bad is he. terrible. he looked asleep. How could anyone be lazy and asleep against Real. Sell em quick. Real won't buy. Dont think he deserves a place the next day . He was god awful . Contributed nothing - 0 (minus 1 if poss)

Rudd - tried hard and scored a goal. 7

JOS - class 8
    Solksjaer - ??? can't rem him getting ball.

Real (outta 10)

11 !!! class every feckin one of em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Barthez was rubbish & Becham looked out of his league. I won't say anything about Neville.... United squandered most of their chances. Real are amazing coming forward, maybe the best ever? Their defence looks vulnerable

...but what really annoyed me was that, STUPID TV 3 COMMENTATOR (John) was it?

John Tosser Toshack - wrecks my effin head too:mad:

• Advertisement

Believe it or not contributors to these boards were supporting that muppet in his bid to get the Ireland job after Mick resigned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Praetorian

...but what really annoyed me was that, STUPID TV 3 COMMENTATOR (John) was it?

There was a hillarious moment when ronaldo recieved the ball inside the Man U box and Trevor welch screamed "VAN NISTLEROY!!!". twat.

Wow, how good are real? Not only were they playing well, they were enjoying playing well and were a delight to watch. When Carlos bounced on the ball and sent posh and some other united player the wrong way TWICE i actually laughed out loud and the audacity of it, the fact he came away with the ball and a few extra yards was almost secondary.

If real play like that then no team in europe can touch them.

I can't see a way back for united. In the past they might of has a chance to kick em off the field but european refs a so protective.

I reckon united are sick to the stomach at teh prospect of havin to play a second leg!!!

Without scholes !!!

I mean if you were Posh, Neville, Wes Brown, Silvestre would you not be sick at the thought of being turned inside out again!!!

Its not the score , united are capable of scoring two goals . But they were made look like fools.

JOS has to play

Real were so so class!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Madrid were on a different planet last night. Too good for UTD. far too good.

like you yop?

Not at all :p

Note: Hope the spelling suits the bitch within u TFTF :rolleyes:

Note2: Your years behind with your link :rolleyes:

Note:
    Mark Cubbard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I can't see a way back for united. In the past they might of has a chance to kick em off the field but european refs a so protective.

I was under the same impression last time they were in the Final, never ever write man u off.

I was annoyed at the inclusion of Silvestre (he is a good player but has been lacking as of late and o'shea has showed him up on Numerous occasions)

• Advertisement

United were wrote off for the PL by loads of people here (including myself! ) and look where they are now, obvisously this is not a season long situation but all the need is one goal at home to kick start the tie again.
    I cannot see (I hope!) Real reproducing the performance of last night, they were unbelievable. They will score at OT BUT this is football, totally unpredictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Praetorian
    what really annoyed me was that, STUPID TV 3 COMMENTATOR

i was thinking the same so i put on ITV and they had that ****wit Ron Atkinson on. it was a no win situation

They were at the same crap again tonite on Tv3 again, pack of apes but feck it at least we get to see the games on free to air!

Originally posted by yop
    United were wrote off for the PL by loads of people here (including myself! ) and look where they are now, obvisously this is not a season long situation but all the need is one goal at home to kick start the tie again.

The difference between the PL and CL is that there are no teams in PL of the caliber of Real Madrid.
    I think Real will win in Old Trafford just as comfortably.

JOS should get his game now that Gary Neville is suspended, but I dont think it'll make a big difference. Real are too strong going forward.
    Barcelona will beat them in semis though :ninja:

When did we get this --> :ninja: ?

The difference between the PL and CL is that there are no teams in PL of the caliber of Real Madrid.

Gap seems even further now after seeing last nites game, if United are Englands best CL team, then god help the likes of Everton or Chelsea if they get to the CL. :ninja:

• Advertisement

Real played really well the other night and had some lovely touches, but if you look at the stats you will see United actuallly had more shots on target then Real. I do not think Real will play that well again in Old Trafford, and I do not think the likes of Beckham and Co will play that poorly. I think United are definitely capable of gettin through. Obviously Madrid are firm favourites, but I would not rule united out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭aine

Originally posted by Waylander
    Real played really well the other night and had some lovely touches, but if you look at the stats you will see United actuallly had more shots on target then Real. I do not think Real will play that well again in Old Trafford, and I do not think the likes of Beckham and Co will play that poorly. I think United are definitely capable of gettin through. Obviously Madrid are firm favourites, but I would not rule united out.

I dont agree...I sincerely doubt that Real could ever play as badly as Man Utd did the other night! They were shocking!!! sloppy defending, poor tackling etc....they just dont act like a team, even when Van Nistlerooy scored there was no team spirit there (granted it was a crap goal),but their heart just did not seem to be in Madrid! I mean Beackham was shocking!! his shot that went wide should have gone in, no doubt about it! btw its time they got a real keeper!
    Madrid were on a different planet last night. Too good for UTD. far too good

I agree! but then again just look at who is on their books! Figo is just pure class!! and hes not the only one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭aine

When did we get this --> ?

:ninja: ninja-man came in response to the 'so you wanna be a ninja' thread probably not the exact thread name but something to that effect! kewl though isnt he? :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

First off, nice prediction Coyote.

Real showed serious class and none of United's 'big' players stepped up their game, or was that their best?
    Utd's passing was terrible or maybe it just looked that way in comparison to Real's. First two goals were against the run of play but then players like that only need one chance.

Don't know how hostile a place Old Trafford is for the return leg but should be interesting. If Real score first its all over.

Coyote, any predictions for Utd v Newcastle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Great game to watch but for some reason i could see it all going Man Utds way ,playing Real in that form Utd should have scored and possibly conceded more.
    I dont think the tie is over and reckon Utd will either win or lose on Away goals.

Kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The Ninja :ninja: is very cool.

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Anyway, I think United can do it. We just need all of our guys to perform...Posh for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Originally posted by aine
    :ninja: ninja-man came in response to the 'so you wanna be a ninja' thread probably not the exact thread name but something to that effect! kewl though isnt he? :ninja:

So what emotion does the ninja portray?

I reckon that Utd will score at home and maybe even twice but you can't write off on Real - a class attacking side - on scoring.

Utd should have exploited Carlos' constant attacks. Beckham had a sh1t game and so they couldn't make any headway on a wing that was probably Madrid's weakest link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Originally posted by Gaffo
    First off, nice prediction Coyote
    thankyou sir, it was a splendid prediction if i do say so myself :ninja:
    Coyote, any predictions for Utd v Newcastle?
    Let me consult my magic 8-ball ...

Newcastle are at home so 8-ball says it will be 2-2. :ninja:

Advertisement