Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Chances

• 07-04-2003 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Anybody think waterford have any chance in the all-ireland hurling championship this year??
    I no they got on bad in the league but i think they were a bit unlucky and defo have the potential to go along way this year??
    What ye think?:D :o:o:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think they will be beaten in Munster this year, but with the back door system I would say they will at least get to the Quarter finals. I can't see them winning the championship though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Well they'll probably get to the munster final imho. After that it depends on the form of Waterford and Tipp. or whoever else is in form. There are no dominant teams at the moment in munster, but one might emerge during the championship.

If they get through munster, the only team they'd be seriously worried about is kilkenny, unless anyone else emerges in the meantime.

merlante

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revelate

i love the way SOO much of the discussion here is Waterford related. Keep it up lads! Déise Abú!!

my prediction is all-ireland QF through the back door. then we'll get our asses kicked by the likes of galway or limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Well we have a good chance of making it to the Munster final, and as defending champs I would hope for a good performance!

However as was proved last year winning the Munster final can be a hinderance due to the long layoff.

We have the talent to go far but I just worry about the attitude of some of the star players.
    Kilkenny will be hard to beat though so hopefully we could avoid them till September anyway!!!;)

Advertisement