Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are German Terrestrial Channels still on Analogue Satellite!!!!

• 07-04-2003 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

Can someone please confirm if the German channels ,VOX,ZDF,RTL etc are still available on analogue satellite.
    Also what English Channels are still there.

Need to know,as I have a buyer for my system which has been in storage now for about a year. Just want to make sure the channels are still there before I give him the dish!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

yes the majority are still there

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes above channels are still on analogue via Astra 1 @ 19.2E

English channels are limited but include Eurosport, CNN, CNBC Europe and possibly Bloomberg.

Check out www.analoguesat.co.uk for full listings of what's left on various satellites...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Bloomberg seems to have increased their hours on analogue satellite. everytime i flick through all the channels it is on, German and English versions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Sonneklar is even a newe start on Astra 19 Analog.
    Also FOUR pop video (MTV, MTV2, Viva, Viva+)

I think Bloomberg shares time with BTV german sort of night time disco/dance/club stuff

Analog 13E also still has TV, many have 2 to 5 Radio on audio alternate channels (as do TV on Astra 19E):
    RAI1, RAI2, RAI3
    Arte (German & French)/ France 5
    TV5
    BBC World TV (Also various languages BBC World Service Radio)
    DW TV (English and German alternately, Also LOTS DW Radio)
    TBN (USA Religious English)
    Medya
    M2
    TRT Int (Turkish, the radio has some English)
    Duna
    Polish "4"
    A few other Polish
    RTP int (Portugal).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

Thanks to all for the input here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by watty
    I think Bloomberg shares time with BTV german sort of night time disco/dance/club stuff

they are 2 seperate channels. BTV has number 29 on my box and Bloomberg is 15 or 16

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well, according to AnalogueSat

Bloomberg UK shares tp space with SFB 1 on 11.171H and airs from 05.00 to 17.00 (then SFB1 airs) and Bloomberg Germany has a tp to itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Onyx

Yes most of the chanells are still there! 19.2 DEG East is full of them!! Maybe you should try CANAL Digital in the Eurobird satellite!! Its really good quality and best of all FREE!!!!!

TRY 12.607 GHz, H, S2, 3/4, 27.5 Msym/s

i Think The Ch is Stanice 0 It is a Czech Music Ch

Does anyone know how to get the other Mbaud rates or the other FEC rates??? Or where can i get a reciever that will get them?????

Go to http://www.eutelsat.com it is a great website for getting extra foreign ch's

COOL!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yep I mixed up the stations. Confused BTV with SFB1

The Digibox will only let you do SR27500 and SR22000.It does do all the FECs though.

Any non-Digibox Digital Satellite receiver should do approx 2,500 to 40,000 SR continously.

Humax, Palcom, Nokia (not Digibox )

Hauppauge Nexus PCI card for PC

try tony at www.satellite.ie
    Read "What Satellite" and many newsagents & Easons (Probabily buy it first though)

Get one with a CAM slot (CI), if you ever want to use a CAM & card a totally FTA one with no CAM slot is wasted money. Even my PC card can take a CI board option for a CAM.

You can't get a Sky CAM or slot for Sky card on anything not a Sky licenced Digibox.

Advertisement