Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The CA game

Options
  • 28-04-1998 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

Whoever we play at CA (be it Norway, England or some clan) I doubt they will allow the generic 350 health/100 grenades/teamplay 1....this is a mickey mouse game, and gives anyone a chance of beating anyone Despite skill. There is infinitely more tactics with the 200ar/100h/restricted rockets, therefore the more tactical team will win. If we do play whoever with the 350 health method, we have a much bigger chance of winning, but its too munchie, I seen ppl just chuck grenades into congested areas (it works) and clock up the frags. CA is class, but we should play more tactical CA (less fun maybe..but whatever)

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

<center>zerosmall.gif</center>

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

: :but we should play more tactical CA (less fun maybe..but whatever)

: Ure right there dave. Maybe Cloud or MP can change the server to 200RA/100H/40 Rockets? and turn off Teamplay.

NOOOOOooooo.

Unless it is CA2.quake.ie

I have not seen another CA server on the net with any other settings except 350/250 health.
    Admittedly they only allow 60-100 rox, something I think we should have here too.
    Teamplay is *always* on to allow funky rjumps (no health packs see??) and the level is almost always DM3. Simply the best CA level there is.

If they don't want to play these settings then we should probably just play them on normal DM.
    To paraphrase Regi: Anything else just isn't CA.

DeVore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

actually yeah Bunny, even that big Intel server that all the big yanks play on is that setting. my mistake,leave it the way it is.

:
    : : :but we should play more tactical CA (less fun maybe..but whatever)

: : Ure right there dave. Maybe Cloud or MP can change the server to 200RA/100H/40 Rockets? and turn off Teamplay.

: NOOOOOooooo.

: Unless it is CA2.quake.ie

: I have not seen another CA server on the net with any other settings except 350/250 health.
    : Admittedly they only allow 60-100 rox, something I think we should have here too.
    : Teamplay is *always* on to allow funky rjumps (no health packs see??) and the level is almost always DM3. Simply the best CA level there is.

: If they don't want to play these settings then we should probably just play them on normal DM.
    : To paraphrase Regi: Anything else just isn't CA.

: DeVore.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

: actually yeah Bunny, even that big Intel server that all the big yanks play on is that setting. my mistake,leave it the way it is.

Now THERE is a team to beat. Those ninjas are really good and would definitely give us a game. Though admittedly Beast has spent many a night kicking the shiite out of and back into them :)

I'd fancy setting that up but we'd need heanet machines. Packetloss on Vexs ISDN was severe so I reckon the AOD server is on some US version of HEANET.

The intel server has disappeared but the AOD one has all the same people on it.

DeVore.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Jesus , thats what i was sayin bout the ffa servers
    months ago.
    Oh well :)

• Advertisement

You've prolly posted already but what is the ip of this server with all those ninja CA americanos anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

: actually yeah Bunny, even that big Intel server that all the big yanks play on is that setting. my mistake,leave it the way it is.

I just played 14 player CA on the LAN...yeah the 350 H teamplay 1 is cool..all the rjumps, but alot of muppets win by just bombarding the place with grenades...noone would put up with that in a serious game you know.

: You've prolly posted already but what is the ip of this server with all those ninja CA americanos anyway?

Er, dunno, aint got Qspy here.
    Look for the AOD clan server.
    Or ask beast.

OL if you read this soon pls hop onto irc.
    even this evening if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

YEZ ARE ALL WORNG!!
    we IRISH have to be different!
    when MP started that it was called Clan Survival (difference no 1) and it WAS on 200A/100h/60 rox and i think it is better, u CANNOT throw grenades around cos u get a slaughter from your team RE: armourn all.... teamplay one is a MUST but anyhting else
    "is just not CA"
    admittedly the server is good crack at the moment but... i think it is too easy for the muppets to win!
    anyway that my vopice for the day....
    SeP

did you not read what we said?

all the other ca servers play 350H and teamplay 1.
    and MP's clan survival wasnt ca, it was a ca competition.

Z

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

nahh!!
    MP said that we were the only country to kall it Clan Survival
    anyway
    why do u care what i say!!
    :(
    SeP

: nahh!!
    : MP said that we were the only country to kall it Clan Survival