Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting married

• 07-04-2003 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Finally making the love of my live an honest woman next year and im looking for your experiences of organising it all.
    Anything would be gratefull to help make it go off without a hitch and at a price that my grandkids wont still be paying back :)

Thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Congratulations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Excellent :) Congrats!

From the random ranting of my two siblings who are married I think the most important thing is for you both to sit down (preferably with the bestman/chief bridemaid or whoever is going to be helping organise stuff) and make a list of all the things you need to do, suit hire, dress hire/purchase/making, cars, church/registery office booking, baptism certs from your own churchs to the church your getting married in, etc, etc, etc.

Get a hardback notebook or something similar and write in what needs to be done and who is doing it, keep a page for each complicated section and get each person to write in every time they ring something/book something, etc.

Saves running around trying to remember names of places/people you're meant to be :)

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Congrats pal :) try here im getting married next year in America and my fiancée and i have been working through this, has checklists and stuff like that, very useful. Hope it helps and good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

if you are looking for a wedding singer (mainly classical)(i can do pop but priests usually wont let you do that unless youre in the unitarian church) send me a pm,i've loaaaaaaads of experience, and i can put you in contact with organists or anything music related, even if youre not looking for a singer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

You know the Spanish word for handcuffs means 'wives' also in spanish.

interesting shudder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

try http://www.mywedding.ie/ if you want an Irish Company :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

Congratulations Alan,

I just got married 6 weeks ago so it's all still fairly fresh in my memory.
    I can highly reccomend this website www.weddingsonline.ie you can chat to suppliers and to other brides and grooms to be.

First things I would advise you to do are
    1. Book Church & priest or Registry Office
    2. Book Hotel
    3. Book Band & Photographer, these can be booked up to 2 years in advance so book early in order to get your preference.

Other things to do are
    Book Videographer, Church Musicians, Wedding Cake, wedding candles, attire for all bridal party, bridal party gifts, honeymoon, flowers, wedding list, wedding stationery, wedding car, pre marriage course, wedding rings, hen and stag parties!!

I would highly advise doing a wedding list in one of the larger department stores. Anyone who doesn't agree with them wont buy from them - that's that sorted.

Sit down with your B2B as soon as possible and discuss a budget for yourselves, how many guests you are each thinking of inviting. Tip: most hotels do reduced rates for mid week or off season weddings, some will let you serve your wedding cake as dessert, rope in family and friends to help out with their area of expertise, ie get your aunt/granny to make the cake, yer best mate with the fancy new car can be the wedding car. Your ace photographer friend can take the snaps of the day. Have 1 attendant each to save on bridal party attire costs. There are loads of ways to save money if you just put your mind to it. Daintree do fabulous stationery etc which can help you make your own invitations.

Hope you get some good stuff out of that!
    Good Luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

going through the whole planning myself as we speak, my fiance swears by the www.weddingsonline.ie so i would have to go with commuterised on that whole site.

I have been going through all the plans and all the palava that goes with it and all i can advise is that you start planning now, no matter when the wedding is, cause no matter what something will skittle your plans in some way or another.

good luck and congratulations and if you need any help or anything just give me a pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

congratz ! enjoy the day and GL with the rest of it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Congrats Alan, as for wedding planning i dont have a clue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Congratulations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Thanks all. Those links are great.

Advertisement