Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improvised Recipes

• 07-04-2003 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

I just came across an old notebook of recipes from when I was in college.

Basically it has recipes for meals made out of whatever was left in the presses at the end of the week or snacks I put together after at 3am after being out on the tear. I saved the ones that tasted nice.

Eg.
    Potato and Tuna Rice (Risotto).

2 cups of rice Boiled rice
    1 Tin of Tuna
    1 tsp cumin.
    salt and pepper.

Make half packet of cream of potato soup and add rice and Tuna and cumin half way through simmering stage. Stir occasionally to avoid rice burning. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Anyone else have any of these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Toasted bolognese sandwiches.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Back in first year I was very partial to tuna,sweetcorn, and grated cheese on toast.

These days I keep trying to find nice things to combine with pasta, although I successfully combined some of those Sharwood's egg noodles with a tin of scotch broth soup. It was nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

[edit]

I am putting this up here because I came up with it while i wanted something to eat and had to go scrounge for bits and ices in the fridge. Its been modified since but its easy to do.

[/edit]

4 tins of tomatos
    1 packet of sausages (16 of them)
    Spicy peperony (that fancy stuff from tesco's 4 in a pack)
    1 packet of bacon
    Some gamon stakes
    6 peppers
    2 onions
    bag of mushrooms (basicly as much as u want)
    2 stock cubes
    salt
    pepper

Fry it all lightly and seperatly and then dump into a pot (for cooking ontop of the stove) or a big oven dish (for oven cooking, I like best no hassle)

Cook for min 1-2 hrs (more in oven) I cook in moring in oven for about 4-6 hrs

Feeds 10 ppl confertably but its good for freezing and prefect for students. Goes with rice or pasta and any of the pork meats can be changed for any old cheep **** like tined hotdogs (that u found on offer or som'ic)

I know it sounds complicated but its realy nice, easy (takes a bit of time, about an hour for all the preperation and cooking if u do it in the oven) and it will feed u for ages.

I normaly go all out for a week and do that and my chilly recepy and then some thing like sheaperds pie or something like that. I freeze it all and then eat it when I like.

P.S: if u want it in smaller cuantities just take out some ingredients and reduce the cuantities

Advertisement