Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

isp recommendation

Options
  • 07-04-2003 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Hi all. decided to get the net at home.
    who is best to go with for a normal modem connection and who is best for dsl?

Based in drogheda.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

56K Modem:
    Pay as you go: Eircom, oceanfree or anyone
    Prepaid: UTV/IP

I'm using Eircom, pay as you go because I'm in college and only use the net at the weekends and would be able to use all the hours.(I know that there's a lite package).

If you plan to be downloading or playing games a lot of the time get UTV/IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Best normal (IMHO) is E-Live (http://www.elivefree.net) - I usually get 45000 connection speed with Eircom et al. I get 49000+ with E-Live.

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Oceanfree have are phasing out their 2434321 number u/n Oceanfree pw Oceanfree, few people are still using it so it is lubly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by dempseyt
    If you plan to be downloading or playing games a lot of the time get UTV/IP.

note that Utv have very bad pings for gaming compared to other ISP's :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by ando
    note that Utv have very bad pings for gaming compared to other ISP's :ninja:

Didn't hear that now.

About eLive did you have any problems with them or any difficulty with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I had forgotten all about elive. Contacted them when they started out (in Limerick was it) and they said it would be a while before they could offer owt in Dublin. Now they are, I'm in.

Advertisement