Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on my site

Options
  • 07-04-2003 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

This is a site i made a few months ago. Just want some feedback on the design.

MenRWomen.com

What ya think, do you like it, what would you change ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

i think its a good idea, maybe too much contrast.

What i think would make it better is that if you click a subsection then it just uses the one colour scheme and goes to say just the womens one, and that gets streched out. Maybe have a link then to see the mens mirrored version or whatever.

holly **** batman error http://www.menrwomen.com/forumtopics.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Can't say I like it. If I look at the sections on an individule basis, I like the colours. Easy on the eye and they blend well together

I think you should have a main page with two links Men and Woman. Maybe a short intro. Then the person is taken to the individule pages.

There is also *alot* of information on the the front page. It appears very cluttered and it would put me off using the website.

Best of luck with it,
    Rgrds,
    A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The contrast between the two sides is way too much for my head at this hour of them morning.

It's cutting me in half ;)

Also, the fact that the two halves don't quite line up at the middle of the page makes it look disjointed. (The fact that they nearlyu do gives it the disjointed impression)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

OK, you've got my attention anyway.

Purely from a design point of view. I like the concept. M v W

I dont recall seeing a website split in half, very nice touch

Colours:
    The men side is too techy and non-human. The colors say to me a rock group or something very technical. It looks very like bbc.co.uk/celebdaq

The women side much better. Nice pastelly whites a blues. Very effemminate and most importantly very suitable. But the blue used in the box "SITE FOR SALE $15,000" is not good. Too gaudy compared with the other colors.

As for the content. WAY, WAY TOO MUCH CONTENT. Review how you can make it more user friendly. A couple of pics/ images wouldnt go amiss. A simple outline of a man & Women on either side would really bring it on. Even match stick men/ women

On the whole though a really groovey design idea with the split in half.

Best of luck

Motm

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

Page loads fine, then...
    You do not have java turned on on your computer so
    some pages will not display correctly.
    To view the site you will need to have internet explorer 4 or higher or netscape 4 or higher.
    Could you add a "continue anyway" option to that page? Why are you "checking" for java, based on browser used? (running Opera 7.03, WinXP)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

a nice idea alright.

The contrast is a bit much, but lightening it would take away a lot of the impact (unless you went for one side being the negative of the other :) ).

One suggestion, can you get each side to load seperately? Would add to the impression that they are completely different things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭irlhost

A lot of info on one page.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Pluses:
    * Nice idea, interesting topics, lots of potential
    * Interesting how you split it down the middle - plenty of originality
    * Plenty of content, lots of reading to do :)

Minuses:
    * Visual contrast between the two sides a bit too strong. Could cause headaches!
    * "Men" side a bit too hard on the eyes/difficult to read.
    * Far too much information to be fired at someone at once. Break it up and space it out over more pages, perhaps.
    * Spelling and grammar need a bit of work (e.g.: first paragraph on men side)
    * Only time will tell if having both sides displaying at once proves to be practical at all. Might be an idea to be able to display the men side only or the women side only instead of being forced to have both always.

Nice job - good idea - you've obviously put plenty of work into it. Kudos!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

aaaghhh, you should have put a not safe for hungover viewing on that. the colour scheme is a bit harsh

interesting idea though,
    I take it each side is supposed to directly contest the other in each section?
    that'll get hard if you get more submissions from one gender, you could end up with a very unbalanced looking site.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Hey cool, on the whole i like the feedback.
    Spellinc andj grahmer was not meh strong pint.
    New version will be out soon and im working on some more ideas on it, if you have anymore ideas on the site email me on
    efrisby@campus.ie

Thanks for the replys

oh and the java thing is meant to be javascript.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

What's with the Jokes Section? You have them rated - nothing below a 7. That's simply really annoying. If there is a rating system it needs to be rated by the readers, not by you - way to subjective.

Site is unusual in a good way. A bit too cluttered looking but a good deal of potential. Good luck with it. :)

Boog.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

TBH take whats on the site with a pinch of salt, half of it i thru up in 10 mins, so thats why the spelling isnt up to scratch.
    Its just a piss take really. seems to be popular, getting a good few hits so im gona redo it all and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Fi_C**

I really like the Idea of it a websit split down the middle is a pretty cool (original) idea! but I had to really think about the idea before I decided that I liked it - and that was only coz you asked for opinions! If I just ended up on dat page I would not have given it any thought and left straight away (sorry!)

The visual aspect of a site is more important than the content or the ideas behind it for about the first minute or so that you are on the site. You need to concentrate on the appeal of your front page - stick to the idea and the center split though!

tone down the contrast or maybe don't even use a colour change to differentiate the two sides...
    Get rid of some of that text and maybe even change font face or color every now and then.

Good Luck with it - I can see you're creative so you'll work it out i'm sure!

Fi**

Advertisement