Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

19" antiglare/antiradiation filter

• 07-04-2003 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

I'm lookin for one of these for a 19" crt monitor
    I've tried currys/dixons/pc world/argos (Blanchardstown)
    but no luck... anyone know where to find them around
    city centre or a good place to order them online? Thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

did a google for office equipment suppliers in ireland....
    heres one that is selling them - never heard of them so cant recommend them.......

http://www.wizard.ie/asp/prodtype.asp?prodtype=228&ph=&keywords=&recor=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=

I dont use the things myself - don't think you need them on newer monitors.....

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Catalyst

How about asking me for a quote ;) May be plesently surprised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Try bizquip (Abbey St), or VikingDirect.ie (Blanch) might have 'em.

howabout a quote then, Catalyst? 19"

It is what it's.

Use the quote section on the site to confirm but I think its around Eur 70 Incl. VAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

if the moniter is under 6years old you dont need an anti-radation filer as it has been built in to all moniter since then the anti glare filter will make you screen very dark wouldent recomend you using it unless you really need to try moving the moniter around or fit vertical office blinds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Thx for the replies
    Its only less than 1 year old and has a "TCO 99" sticker on it
    Its just I get very tired when looking at the monitor for a long time..
    it does 100hz @ 1024x768 so I don't think it's the refresh rate causing it
    Catalyst: I can't find any on elara website.. could you send me a link plz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

1024x768 is very low for a 19" moniter you should try 1280*1024 and drop the refresh rate.Also use a few basic rules makesure the moniter is at eye level and a background light is allways on, also stay about 16" away from the moniter. Take regular breaks[i never do this] and get eau du natural [they are eye drops you will get in any chemist] you blink less when your focused on the moniter so your eyes dry out .

Its under monitors - others

Anti-glare filters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by irishguy
    if the moniter is under 6years old you dont need an anti-radation filer as it has been built in to all moniter since then the anti glare filter will make you screen very dark wouldent recomend you using it unless you really need to try moving the moniter around or fit vertical office blinds

Just happened to come across one, which I use for the easier-on-the-eye thing. I do find the resulting view pretty dark though. The main benefit of the things is you can just clean off any grubby finger prints/pen marks (why do they do that?) without fear of permanent damage

It is what it's.

Advertisement