Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting playlist listening online?

Options
  • 08-04-2003 5:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I listend to PFM all the way from the midwest of the USA, online naturally. The only thing that I don't like is the fact that I can't see the name of a song that is playing. Is there anyway to get a playlist when listening online?

Cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

it's a great idea, some one said it before a little while ago...
    but though's fat cats at phantom don't listen to us...

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Hi

We get many requests to display the artists and track names of songs played on the station particularly from our online listeners in the USA. Unfortunately, although we would like to, this is not a service that we offer or plan to offer in the short or medium term.

Why? To display this information would require a further investment in IT. Quite simply, our finances do not stretch this far and we have other items of expenditure that are of higher priority.

The situation is further complicated by the fact that some of our output is automated and the rest live. The live output is not playlisted and the presenter will often spontaneously select tracks for airplay. This would require the presenter to enter the track data as they go meaning that the presenter now has to present and become a data entry operator! This is an impossible task to ask of any presenter and I don't know of any radio stations that offer it. Remember many 'live' stations operate using a computer generated playlist which would allow them to display song titles.

If in the future we can offer this service - and is something we would like to do - it will first appear during the automated portion of our programing. We will also incorporate it into our RDS display which will allow FM listeners see the track playing on compatable radio sets.

Move360media, I hope this answers your query and thanks for listening! Remember, if you hear a song that you would like more info on, please e-mail the presenter (or the station if it is during the automated portion of programming) with as much detail as possible and we will endeavour to identify the track for you.

Tyrial, We always welcome and listen to feedback from our audience. Some of the suggestions are great, some not so practical. You must remember that it is not always possible to implement all suggestions that are made for a variety reasons. Perhaps you might like to bear this in mind before making a less than constructive post in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

i don't think a playlist for live shows would be as needed as it would be for the automated part (if you get my drift) bcos well the dj's (usually) tell you after three songs or so, which songs they were playing.

the lack of information for the automated part of phantom is indeed annoying, but for a pirate radio station to invest in it, like brian d says, would cost alot of money. which sucks, but what can youdo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Please DO ask us to identify a song and we'll try and help! :)

Advertisement