Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Hosting/Management Question

Options
  • 08-04-2003 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭

I have a friend who has a small portfolio of property (3 or 4 houses) and he is looking for a web site that will provide a facility for full bill payment and maintainence. For example he wants to allow the tenants to pay their rent/esb/phone etc... on-line. And he will need full statements from this. He also wants nothing to do with the management of the site.

Is this type of service available??

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 imfree

billpay.ie may solve some of this and maybe the rent could be paid by online banking - and maybe there is an opportunity here for an aspiring netrepreneur to set up an online service for landlords!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sounds like a bloody good idea! Who from the hosting board will steal it first, I wonder. :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭irlhost

Originally posted by Hobart
    I have a friend who has a small portfolio of property (3 or 4 houses) and he is looking for a web site that will provide a facility for full bill payment and maintainence. For example he wants to allow the tenants to pay their rent/esb/phone etc... on-line. And he will need full statements from this. He also wants nothing to do with the management of the site.

Is this type of service available??
    Yes this could be done, but as a Landlord myself tenants have to pay their esb/phone direct to the provider as it should be in the tenants name and not the Landlord. But if the Landlord has theses services in his name and wants to bill the tenants it is possible to set this up online.

As for paying their rent online again this is possible.

But the big question is can the Landlord accept credit cards, as he will have to open a retailers account with a bank.

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Sounds like a bloody good idea! Who from the hosting board will steal it first, I wonder. :)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

So the quick answer is that there is no one stop shop for this Y/N? I have looked at billpay.ie and the way the banks accept payments for various different bills, incl the mortgage, but they will not 'manage' the payments for you. the real clincher is that my friend has a limited company which owns these properties and a one stop shop would solve so many issues from an accounting perspective.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Hobart
    So the quick answer is that there is no one stop shop for this Y/N? I have looked at billpay.ie and the way the banks accept payments for various different bills, incl the mortgage, but they will not 'manage' the payments for you. the real clincher is that my friend has a limited company which owns these properties and a one stop shop would solve so many issues from an accounting perspective.
    Your friend should look at getting his own retailer credit card account from a bank and then a system could be designed for payment of rent. The other thing to remember is that the banks will take up to 3.5% from the total amount you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

I like the idea.... yoink!!! I'll have that!!

:D:D:D

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I've been keeping an eye on this, and it really does appear like it's better suited to perhaps the Business / Economy / Finance board (given that it's largely about a business idea).

Moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

I think you should delete this thread and forget all about it!!!

Don't want anyone else getting this idea on a plate!!!

I'll give you a few shares in the company if you do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

The thought had crossed my mind alright... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DJB
    I think you should delete this thread and forget all about it!!!

Don't want anyone else getting this idea on a plate!!!

I'll give you a few shares in the company if you do...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Why not hire a property management company? It would look after all the bill payments / collections and even take care of annual maintenance and get new tenants if needed. They would probably charge as much as 10% of rents plus an annual charge plus expenses.

I could find a company for you if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Of course if the tenants don't have web access then the web site would be useless. Even if the current tenants have access, maybe the next ones won't.

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    Of course if the tenants don't have web access then the web site would be useless. Even if the current tenants have access, maybe the next ones won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

What hes actually looking for is a property management company. He just doesn't realise it yet. This is exactly what they do, though not over the web, since only a fraction of tenants have web access. By doing it over the web you are providing a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

Advertisement