Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection problems.

Options
  • 08-04-2003 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Last night while trying to connect to any BF1942 server I got connection problems with a ping of 1023.
    Even though In ASE I was showed pings of 60-100'ish.
    I tried with different isp's and games of CS and DoD were fine.
    Which leads me to the conclusion it has something to do with BF1942.
    I did play BF1942 two nights ago with no problems (apart from getting killed non-stop:).) and the servers I tried were in the UK.
    Any ideas whats up?.
    DemonBaby.
    Ok Just disabled automatic updates and tried a UK server and got a nice 48 ping.
    Maybe the update was finished when I went to play CS.
    I'll try tonight and hopefully all will be fine.
    BTW which server should I play on to find a few guys who post here..and what nicknames could I add to buddies list in ASE.
    Because to get the most out of BF I reckon I'll need to play with a regular crowd of guys and I've so much to learn.:)
    DemonBaby.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I had those connection probs last night as well, it would just shoot up to 1023, then start gradually to come down aroung the 190's, get a connection prob then back up to 1023, in my experience when that happens it the lines that conect you to the servers are the probs, not anything to do with the game (work in AOL dontcha know), anyhoo im glad i wasnt the only one cause a few of the ADSL pingers were complaining of the same thing

Everything should be alright now

SHIN

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

I did a search on Google (bf1942 1023 ping)
    and it appears there is some sort of bug affecting some ISDN users.
    But no sign of a fix anywhere.
    I know now it aint my isp or connection.
    I've tried two different isp's and get good pings with other games.
    Anyone got any ideas on how to fix it?.
    DemonBaby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Change your connection speed to 56k on the multiplayer screen menu. Should fix it, if you haven't done that already.

If you use ASE or something, set it to 56k, join a server with ingame browser, quit and it should keep that setting.

It seems im no longer able to play this game because of the constant connection problems im getting, 2 weeks ago everything was fine NPS at all, getting pings of around 140 to 190, ususal for me, not great but adequate, but in the last week or so all im gettting is constant 1023 on any uk server im going on, then it goes down and everythings ok for a few seconds and then up to 1023 again, last night the screen completely froze on me, could do nothing, was like that for a about 50 seconds then came back to normal connection probs again.

Im beginning to wonder is somebody spamming me, because im getting an enormous amount of traffic coming down from the net while im playing this, I mean more than normal

SHIN

Some programmer type Scandanavian dude has the same problem and he found that the game thought he had a t1 or faster connection instead of the ISDN he actually had.
    So he was been sent packs far too quick for his connection to cope.
    If I remmber right if I set my rate too high in CS The same thing happens..ping graduly moves upwards till your dissed.
    Is there a console command to set the rate or type of connection within the game BF1942?.
    DemonBaby.

• Advertisement

Just changed to 56k isdn in ASE and then tried out 4 different servers one full 2 empty and one with 10 people.
    And Didnt get the 1023's.
    Also had as good a ping as in other games.
    I was going to say to Vac it wont work etc..But knowing Vac I thought I'd try it first out and Voila it worked...I hope.:)
    DemonBaby.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Nemesis

BTW which server should I play on to find a few guys who post here..and what nicknames could I add to buddies list in ASE.
    Because to get the most out of BF I reckon I'll need to play with a regular crowd of guys and I've so much to learn.:)
    DemonBaby.

Im on ISDN and never had any "1023 Ping" problems. In regards to your second question:

I play as Lupus and generally play on whatever UK server gives me the fastest ping. Ive been told some other n00b(s) have started using the same nick as me (Scandis I think).

Recently the EAUK Nvidia 64 player servers have been performing well.

Matt

Cheers hopefully I'll have this sorted and see you online,
    I'll addyou to Buddies list to keep an eye out for you.
    DemonBaby.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I have had that problem too across my 56k. It seems the 1024 ping is a "special" number, it always goes to like 1024, exactly 1024. Damn dial-up. Hopefully Dice will work on these problems for the next update, a release date for there is none. We can only wait and hope.

yeah its always flamin 1024, tghankfully thingsseems to have calmed down for me, im still getting some connect probs but not as nearly as much as i did over last weekend

Thank god
    Moving to broadband soon so there should be no probs then

SHIN

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement