Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm thinkin about buyin an xbox

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

As for the GC controller it tends to be a love/hate thing

For me it's the former. I know this might sound a bit freakish but sometimes when I catch a glimpse of it in me room and haven't got time to play, I just have to pick it up to get the feel of it.... (I'll be off now to see my psychiatrist, I shall return after several months of shock treatment :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Xbox is the solution.Superior power.Top quality dvd playback.Modify everything via a mod chip and ethernet connection.install loads of 3rd party apps.stream divx from your pc and watch on your xbox etc... check xbox-scene.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Originally posted by Sloth
    Oh god yeah, I'll never forget the time I weld twin RPC 90s in Goldeneye and just held down the trigger. My hands still shake sometimes as a result.

lol done the same many times, best was the twin controller setting where you try to use both controllers at the same time....two controllers, two rumble packs and twin rpc 90's :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Was it actually possible to play the game like that? As much as I tried to do it I could never seem to get the hang of twin controller action.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

As I remember it, it wasn't too different from the keyboard and mouse set-up. It wasn't my first choice of controls, but it was playable.

• Advertisement

The real litmus test of any Goldeneye control scheme though was could you do Control on 00 with it. I doubt I could ever protect Natayla weilding duel controllers as cool/odd as that would make me look.

it was more of a first few levels challenge than anything else, i cant say ive ever tried to complete it on 00 with both controllers, it as good fun all the same.....and when you got pissed off you had two controllers to throw at the screen :D

I'd try it now but my second N64 controller has reached the stiff stick phase and is pretty much unusable. I've heard theres some solvent you can use to clean it but I'm not sure if I want to gunk it up even more.

i opened mine and cleaned it out regulary, also wanted to see how it works....i open everything even when they are new....my playstation, video, ps2, phones, n64, all console accessories etc... anything that can be opened i open it, ive had a game cube with a week and im lookin for a screwdriver to buy suitable for opening it....my advice* open it clean it out, as long as your not clumsy or forget where things came out from you'll be ok......

*taking my advise is not advisable and will more than likely end you up in trouble and i cannot be held accountable for your actions

Nah, I'm ok, I like my warranty the way it is ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement