Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Alienware Cases

Options
  • 08-04-2003 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

They launched a new case design in the last couple of days and it's pretty nice looking.

pred_shot_03.jpg

According to the press release "The dawn of a new computing era has arrived". I'm not convinced. It doesn't look as slick as a Mac or a Viao but its a massive improvement on what the old ones looked like.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

It looks like a kitchen appliance

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'll stick with my midi-sized ablative 12-gauge ferrite core steel trojan for the meantime I think.

And yes, it does look like a piece of Kenwood monkey-jism.
    Possibly a deformed/molested Soda-stream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Dunno about anyone else, but I like it.

Would you be giving all these negative comments if it were a case someone had designed and built themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's certainly different, but I like it. All those curves, and purdy lights. Mmm.

Alienware had people do different designs for them and decided on this case in the end. Expect to see this kind of thing in future from them, they didn't use the other designs this time round but are keeping them on file :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

it would look fairly good in a dimly lit room, i likes it............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Can ya get Alienware cases on their own or are they only available with system.

The price is f**kin monumental......or just plain mental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I like it. Kinda retro and futurisic at the same time...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ive seen this case tho it looks good . its not mutch good twords the upgradeing .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I like it reminds me of the design of the sets in Star wars 2 where they produced the clone army. If you could get it in a colour other then white I'd get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by Thorbar
    I like it reminds me of the design of the sets in Star wars 2 where they produced the clone army. If you could get it in a colour other then white I'd get it.

I've seen it in green aswell, looks alot nicer, tis basically a chieftec/antec case on the inside from what i've seen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I think like the laptops you can order it in one of a number of colours. I've seen grey or silver, black, red, green, blue and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Its different alright, but I like, in green pls

Timeout

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

the perfect window to accompony the new alienware case:
    check out coolcasemods.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

the perfect window to accompony the new alienware case:
    check out coolcasemods.com

Advertisement