Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reply to post... ...from last month?

Options
  • 08-04-2003 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭

Date 08/04/03 10:52
    Subject: Reply to post 'Biddy Goes to Bangalore with BT'
    Hello oneweb,

Muck has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Biddy Goes to Bangalore with BT - in the IrelandOFFLine forum of boards.ie/vbulletin.

This thread is located at:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=86271&goto=newpost

This is a bit odd, as the last post on that thread was last month... :confused:

I seem to recall this happening before, last month. Don't remember the details of that occurrence tho.

It is what it's.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

There's nothing wrong with someone replying to a thread that is over a month old. Most posts on boards (going back a number of years) can be replied to.

... and if you subscribed to the thread, of course it sent you an email telling you there was a reply.

So what's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

oh haw, haw. smartie pantses.

My point was that there actually wasn't a reply to that post since last month. But today I got a notification that suchandsuch just replied to the thread.

It is what it's.

Originally posted by oneweb
    My point was that there actually wasn't a reply to that post since last month. But today I got a notification that suchandsuch just replied to the thread.

er yes... and???

there isn't a time limit on threads you know...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Gosh that is strange.

Originally posted by Bard
    er yes... and???

there isn't a time limit on threads you know...

Yes, but. No!

I think Gordon understands me?

There is a thread.
    I posted something at some stage and asked for notifications.
    Some time passes.
    I get a notification today.
    But that notification is for a post (the most recent in the thread) that was actually posted a month ago.

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Maybe he added a post today, then deleted it after?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hey Bard "Drop that gheddoblastah"! I just heard that song on the radio yseterday - I loved that album tbh.

Are you subscribed to many threads oneweb? Just wondering if it was maybe a server skipping a beat but maybe it hasn't done this with your other subscribed threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Im sure i saw this on the frontpage earlier.. now there is no new post so chances are he deleted his post as pickarooney said.

Originally posted by Gordon
    Are you subscribed to many threads oneweb? Just wondering if it was maybe a server skipping a beat but maybe it hasn't done this with your other subscribed threads?

CP says 3 forums, 8 pages worth of threads.

It is what it's.

Oh I get it now.

d'oh.

Yeah Gordon... Countdown is progressing... Uno! Dos! Uno Dos Trés QUATTROOOOOOOO!...

• Advertisement
Advertisement